Monday, September 9, 2013

Julio is baptized!

Family!!!!! WAZZUP!!
 
I'm so grateful that i am finally hear at a computer emailing each of you haha it's been a rough one this morning!! We went to like 3 different libraries and they were all closed until 1 for some crazy reason! BUT here estoy yo!! haha how is everyone doing?? I loved the emails once again. I love to see how each of your lives are changing and how each one of you are growing!! EVEN towards marriage and a baby it sounds like ;) haha Man i can't believe it! I'll have a lil nephew here soon! I'm excited for him to come though! Maybe that'll cause paige to actually send me some pictures here and there... (p.s. House pictures.... still haven't forgot.... #3monthslater ;) haha ) It'll be fun though!! Sounds like everyone is busy between school and work! I've receive a few emails from missionaries that have already gone home and they say.." School started this week... Real like sucks!!!!" haha oh no! They'll get over it i'm sure!!
 
I'm glad to hear that you all enjoyed the pictures last week. GUESS WHAT????? we got another one for you:) haha i'll send a picture!!! Elder millett and i were able to baptize a guy named JULIO. Julio is a complete miracle! Straight up like god is good. He is blessing us with so much success. Julio randomly showed up to church last week. His story is a lil rough. He is actually from utah. His exwife and kids are back there. Julio had a rough patch in his life which caused his wife to divorcing him. His wife and family are all members but he NEVER did want to join the church. So there was julio showing up at church and saying " I miss my family, I want them back, I need to change, I know this church that my family is a part of is true, this church is what will help me get back on the path to them, etc" Anyways long story short. God blessed us with meeting him there at church and we went over and taught him monday. He went to church hundreds of times back there in UT and just never did want to join. BUT GUESS WHAT!!!! It was gods time for him. It is NOW that he wanted to change. yes divorce and a few things have happened since then but now he is on the path to getting his family back. He is a stud. I love him so much and will never forget him. Now we are even teaching his sister (whom he is living with here in FL). She has two kids and was divorced as well. She is awesome too (lady in the baptism picture)! We will work with her and our goal is to get her baptized here in a couple weeks :) God will make it happen!! Like I said God is good! One of my favorite sayings that i have loved is DO GOOD, TRUST GOD, DONT WORRY!!!! I have found this simple little statement leading me to success through the hands of god.
Not only did god bless us with a miracle baptism but ALSO with 7 more people to church. One family in which was one that elder millett and i found this last friday. They are awesome! We knocked their door and they let us right in but not only that were super super interested! What was crazy though was the way in which we were led to them. We prayed and prayed knowing where to go. We felt like that place would be best. So we got there and the 4th door we knocked there they were. Elder millett and i worked hard but the thing to remember most is we trusted in god. ALMA 36:3 is one of the best scriptures in the book of mormon if you ask me!! It's simple and so so true!!
I know that god is the one pitching this game. He will control it. If he wants to throw someone a curveball he will. If he wants to through someone a fastball so they can hit a home run he will do that as well. Either way though God is the one controling the game and it's up to US to see the pitch, relax, trust, and let er fly!! AND THAT is done primarly through our savior Jesus Christ!!
 
It was a week of adventures though as well. I loved it! I love the chance that i have to lead and help other missionaries. Being a district leader truly has changed me and the person that i am. This past week I had prepared a district training when guess what... the APs show up again haha. I dont know why they would come all the way down south to listen to elder ovard but they did. It was fun to have them there and have them a part of it. The spirit was so strong and it was the best!! Last month as a district (remember my district is only 2 companionships. including my own :) haha ) Anyways we had a baptism goal of 10. We got... drum roll... 9!!! haha it was amazing! Rarely do you come this close to hitting goals such as that. We did it though and it was all god. This upcoming month we will shoot for 12. 5 week month and we know we can do it. We are excited. Anyways I better get so i can send you some pictures! I love each of you and i appreciate all you do for me! Always remember that!
 
Elder Ovard!
 
p.s. there is a mission conference this upcoming week! I'm super excited to see elder webb :) and sister rogers :) haha i'll see her sunday too at church. By the way call the irvins tell them to make sure their at stake conference this weekend on sunday so i can see them:) I'm excited for stake conference to see all the riverside ward again as well:) love you all bye:)
 
p.s.s i need you to send me some garments please haha it's time for new of those as well. Just use the money in my account. You can send them to my address. But get cotton poly. Size 32 bottoms. and probably just medium regular tops!! THANKS!!

 

Top picture: Julio's baptism with Elder Millett and Elder O.  Julio's sister and family is attending with him.  Middle picture:  singing in the rain?   Bottom picture:  Sister Rogers and Companion.

No comments:

Post a Comment