WAZZUP FAMILIA Y AMIGOS
What a week it was!! So I don't know if you all heard but this week we were supposed to have 3 baptisms. Well we got two of the three down so i'm not complaining :) But wait it gets better. So this week I got my first opportunity to baptize someone. I baptized a kid named Jonathan and Elder Diaz baptized his Grandma. Jonathan is a 16 yrs old and I think he is half Nicaraguan and half black. haha He's such a stud! I love him. Anyways so let's just say Jonathan wanted to be baptized 3 times hahaha No so heres what happened. He spoke English so I didn't have a problem saying it but when it came to dunking him.. Man I felt like I was going to drowned the kid! I did it the first time and he came up and I swear he was like trying to find some oxygen haha but NO I needed to go even further down. So ROUND #2 I dunked him and it was about the same. The witnesses both just said to push him down all the way to the bottom haha so ROUND #3 I threw him down and seriously felt like he was under there forever haha I was so scared! I didn't want to hurt him because I love him so much! So after I brought him up and the witnesses were both smiling and said good. Jonathan had a HUGE smile on his face and said "Thats what i'm talking about baby!! I feel SO clean" hahaha oh man I will never forget the look on his face and the feelings that both of us were feeling. It was an experience and feeling that I hope neither one of us will ever forget! When Elder Diaz told me I was going to baptize I was so excited haha It motivated me in the the mission work. That step and taking on that covenant with out Savior Jesus Christ is what this works all about. I know that as I strive to work hard and do everything I can for the Lord Jesus Christ he will bless me with these wonderful ELECT people. The people that are prepared and ready. Just again this week the Lord has blessed Elder Diaz and I. We found 3 more investigators that are pretty dang solid already and they have the Desire and Faith. Since being here I have learned that's all people need to be baptized. A desire and faith in Christ. It's amazing how great people are in this world. One of our investigators is named Mattie. Mattie has dialysis and only has one leg. Her faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is amazing. She always tells us how she believes one day she will live with her family all again but not only that.. She will be her full self again. Physically that is. She knows that Lord will heal her someday and she always always expresses her thoughts and feelings about that. She is so sweet. I look forward to teaching these new wonderful people and I want to help them in their lives through our savior. Our other investigator that was supposed to get baptized this week ended up not because of economic situations and stuff. She is struggling and we've been trying to help her but it's been tough. Anyways it's an amazing life being here representing our Savior. I love it and I'm so excited for all my friends to get out here and serve the lord. They are all getting their calls now and it makes me happy! Alrighty well see yal next week! Love ya
ELDER OVARD
1st Baptism for Elder Ovard. Lidia and Jonathan with Elder Diaz and Elder Ovard.
Jonathan Elder Ovards 1st Baptism


No comments:
Post a Comment