k why is everyone saying i am fat and gaining weight??? haha I know I weigh 155 but haven't really been gaining since the mtc. I work out dont worry. haha no that christmas card made my face look fat i know. It was that hat man. It was so tight and it pushed all the blood like straight down in those cute lil cheeks of mine ;) so no worries ii'm still the skinny lil boy :)
So how was the week? For me awesome as usual! Mom just wanted to say thanks for the packages. My roomies are loving it all haha Also yes yes i am smart enough to figure out i open one a day. Except i had to open the tie because i knew what it was and wanted to wear it to the mission conference! It was a beauty. I got so many compliments on my tie.... and as a missionary thats a good feeling ;) So yes I got everything. The driving records and stuff I got as well. Still need to figure that all out but i'll do soon. So mission conference was so much fun. We got there. Ate a wonderful christmas dinner. Then we had a white elephant exchange and lets just say i got a cat pooper scooper and like a 2 foot long toothbrush hahaha i gave that little poop reindeer thing you guys sent me and some other stuff. It was so much fun. We had like a talent show where every zone had to sing haha after all the fun and games President talked with us about chirst and christmas! I loved it man. I love christmas because it's a time of giving. I never was too into the whole recieving end because it's so so much better to see the joy that comes when others get things. Thats why I love sending people christmas cards and letters and stuff because I know the feeling haha other elders are always getting mad cause i'm always writing and sending stuff. Which yes i needa stop because stamps are expensive haha no i don't send too much crap. Anyways at mission conference I met our cousin... Elder hunt haha got a picture with him. He is from ogden and his grandma is our next door neighbor haha helen. He was friends with like Dillon. Devin's and bransons cousin. haha crazy stuff. He was cool. Then i saw my old comp Elder Hunter, and Elder Gust who is from stg as well haha he's so funny. Oh man it was a good time. I loved our conference. Only one more for me :( hahaha
So we had a baptism this week. Her name was gabriella. She was 11 yrs old and lives in a part member family. Her dad is the only one not a member now. She was so cool and such a sweet girl. We are working on her dad now haha we gotta get em all to come unto the water of baptism.
So we had a cool experience we taught a guy named dennis like 3 weeks ago. We taught him everything and he just didn't want to be baptized. He kinda had a drinking problem and stuff and just didn't think he could change. Well last sunday his mom was in the hospital and a member told us so we went and blessed her. Well yesterday at church he randomly showed up and said I want to be baptized hahaha so the priesthood blessing we left with his mom obviously affected him as well and now he is wanting to change. It was an amazing miracle for sure :)
So elder diaz got hit by a car this week hahaha man it was crazy. We were both riding and a car stopped at a stop sign and so elder diaz and i kept going because there was no sign for us. Well ride when we were in front of the car it took off. I saw it coming so i hurried then looked back and elder diaz's back tire got nailed. It like put a dent in the car and elder diaz didn't even fall off his bike. The car looked and saw he just hit a biker so he hurried and took off. ha didn't even stop man. crazy people. I heard miami and florida is like the worst place in the U.S. for car crashes and stuff. It was crazy but thank goodness Elder Diaz was ok!
I got a letter from the Harrisons. I loved it. Mom thanks for telling me about how she came over and read it with you and stuff. It was definately good to hear.
So for CHRISTMAS we are going to skype for sure!!! Our bishop is letting us go over to his house and use his computer. He said it will probably be around like 12 in the afternoon on Christmas day. So i'm sure right in the middle of all the parties ;) haha i'll finalize it next week with you all but man i'm excited. Skype haha really? it'll be just like Lonne and Nancy. Wow i feel like just yesterday i was skyping with them. We will probably have about an hour or so to skype ;) So have questions and be ready to tell me about home!!! I'm sure nothing has changed haha
Well thats about it for me this week! I love you all so much and cant wait to see you in a week or so. Everyone keep remembering who you are and who we represent. At church i heard a few quotes i loved!!!!
"The commandments are easy... we make them hard"
"Lead by example... Even when your ALONE"
Love you all
ELDER OVARD

No comments:
Post a Comment