Monday, December 10, 2012

WELL WAZZZUPP!!!
 
KACEY ROGERS HUH???? what in the world hahahahaha.  She'll be joining me in the BEST mission in the world :) Dang thats so cool!! It's the same one as her dad right? Wow thats awesome. I bet she is excited. It's crazy to think i'll almost be out a year when she gets here though haha dang!! I'll have to write her and give her a little insite about what is to be her mission.
 
So how are the holidays going with my family?? I just picture our house all lit up and mom and the christmas trees. I will tell you this.. No one here in Miami does christmas trees like moms. I did see that santa clause that we have downstairs though haha it was doin it's lil famous dance. It was funny.
 
Thats crazy Elder Bott and Miller are already coming home haha man. Way crazy. Seems like they just left and honestly before we know it it's going to be me. Elder Diaz keeps telling me that December always cruises by and I didn't believe him until I looked at the calender last night. WOW!
 
I did get the christmas package so THANK YOU haha it was bomb!! I couldn't find any of the driving record stuff though. Didn't you say you sent something in there? hmm idk It's not a biggy. We have a car here in this area but were never in it. Our area is like one of the smallest in the mission so it's usually not too bad. I'm up to like 158 pounds now and dont look any bigger. To be honest I think it's all in the legs from the bike. haha I feel like right now with my legs being in shape I could drop some bombs ;)
 
The leaves do NOT fall on the trees here haha it's summer year round remember? You think i'm kidding but it's true!
 
I have been getting christmas cards and stuff from people so i'll send them thank you's no worries i know my mom and dad taught me well!
 
I am starting to understand the El salvadorians, nicoraguans, hondoranians and others a little more.. BUT the cubans!!!!! HOLY they talk so fast. It's so hard. It'll come though I know it will. I have really been working hard and I know with the lords help it's all possible. My speaking has been coming along quicker then me understanding. Now we go into lessons and I can actually help EldernDiaz teach a little bit haha. no mucho pero mas que cuando yo llegado..
 
So okay onto my week! Exciting event so remember bayside. It's like the mall along the coast of miami. I love going there on pdays... but anyways haha so we got a phone call this week from a guy from utah. He works here in miami on the cruise ships. He is a musician. Anyways he started talking about the gospel with 2 other musicians there on the ship. They both liked what he was saying and wanted a Libro de Mormon in spanish. So he had to contact the missionaries. So he got our number from the church and called us. He's only here on land on fridays and mondays. Other then that he is on the ship. So he wanted to meet friday. He said meet us at Bubba Gump restaurant I want to buy you elders lunch and then my friend thats investigating the church will be with us and you can talk with him about the gospel. So we said okay :) haha we met up and really the guy was amazing. He knew a lot of gospel knowlege but he feels like something is missing and after meeting with us he feels like this is what was missing. So he has a BofM and is reading it. IDK how things will work out with him but he said he would call us and we could meet up again one of these Fri or Sat haha it's awesome.
 
So our baptisms for this week wanted one more week to prepare haha so were hoping for hmmm 3 baptisms this week. The little family Kylee Manuel and Ronny still love us and always want us to go play ball and stuff with them. Their baptism is scheduled for this week as well so hopefully we can get those desires up again for them :)
 
Other then that our week wasn't much. It was harder. We only ended up getting one investigator to church. It was cool though because remember Roberto who we baptized like 4 weeks ago. Well it was a lady (grandma) that lives with him. She sat in on every lesson with us and she never said much but she was always so grateful for our visits. Well we picked Roberto up for church yesterday and next thing we know She was climbing in the car. She's like "I'm coming today she's like I wanna come" haha so we said alright cool lets go!! She was crying and really felt the spirit and the love Jesus christ has for her. It was so amazing. We have an appointment with her tomorrow so we'll see how she liked it!
 
I'm getting excited to talk with you all!! haha It'll be so much fun! So ya idk if were going to skype of not yet. We can but we just needa finalize where and stuff this week probably. We have mission conference on Thursday. I need to go find a white elephant gift hahaha don't have the 60 inch waste jock strap this year so i'll have to find something else!! I feel like that party i threw was just yesterday. The pajama party with the white elephant gift!! Man time flies!!
 
Alright well i'll probably write you all a letter today as well. We don't have much going on. We'll go to the coast and to bayside. Elder Osborn is the new elder in our apartment and he wants to see it all :)
 
Love you and have a wonderful week. 
 
Elder Ovard 

No comments:

Post a Comment