Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Can Do More With the Help of God!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK..... Someones gotta stop the clock haha plzzzzz! I remember telling myself. Dang when Nick goes home i will be right around the corner following him. ITS HORRIBLE hahahaha
 
Anyways FAMILY what is new?? Sounds like yal are starting school back up and just getting busy again. I think Paige has the best job of em all. LITTLE MILES!! haha dang that was so much fun seeing him and watching him. I always see babies that are around his age or like 10 months and I immediately think of him. CUTE LIL GUY!
 
How was the new year for you all? I sure hope it was exciting! I'm glad you all enjoyed my last email about the experience I had at the hospital with that family. Sorry the story with me trying to express it in writing was probably really confusing but you all seemed to understand pretty well. It was such a great experience. To anwser a few of your questions: Yes all were non members except for the member that called us. The member was the one telling the parents that we could give them all blessings. The mother (girl) that passed away she was probably like 28 or so. I'm not 100 percent sure if she had kids or anything like that. She was young though. I believe she had 2 kids but idk. As far as HOW she died.. like i said all i heard or found out was there at the hospital when the nurse was explaining to the parents that she was already dead after they had left the beach. All i know is something happened at the beach and it didn't end well :( Sorry i needa find out details haha
 
Anyways!!! On to the happy stuff now!! haha I LOVE you all! I'm grateful for this new year, new experiences and new opportunities!! It will be a year full of them for each and every one of us!! I'm excited to preach the gospel and do what has brought me the most joy and happiness in my life! I feel like each week something happens that changes me and the person that I want to BECOME. This past week was so much fun! It was a little bit more of a challenge but A LOT of things were learned. President Anderson came to our district trainings the past week and we were able to role play and even go out and harvest with him for a little bit. He is such an inspiring man haha I love it! He reminds me a lot of dad! Like I said though it was a trying week for us. At the beginning of the week we had 6 people preparing for baptism. 6 people that in all honestly were pretty set and solid. One of the families of 3 that we had called us on tuesday and said "HEY what's up elders. Just wanted to let you know we are moving into a new apartment acrossed the street from our old one but wanted to let you know that we are EXCITED for our baptism on Sunday. What more do we need to do to prepare?" haha we told her that we would just stop by a couple times before Sunday and they''ll be ready to role. Well right after we hung up the phone that Tuesday we haven't been able to get in contact with them since. It's soooo sad. They were an awesome family. Then they didn't show up to church yesterday so the hunt is on. We will look for them and see what we can do to help them. THEN we had another family of 3 that was really solid set for baptism on sunday as well but they called us sunday morning and said "Elders we might needa wait until next week for the baptism, we wanna learn a little bit more and really make sure that it's something we want to do." Sadly we told them okay thats fine and we would love to continue helping them. SOOOO went our week. Trial after Trial, Hard Time after Hard Time. As I sat and reflected on our experience though i thought of other missions. Other missionaries. The areas and people that they are helping and how some just are harder then others.(how blessed am I) Then I thought about Jesus Christ. He taught the humble and helped the humble to be baptized. I then thought of the investigators that we have now. The ones that didn't get baptized. I thought of what Jesus Christ would do. It was then that i realized  "I CAN DO MORE" I realized that i need to help them strengthen their faith even more in Jesus Christ and let the spirit work through them and convert them. It wasn't up to me, to convince them of the truth or tell them what to do. It was up to GOD. He knows his children and He knows the path each one of them will need to take in order to help them get into the water of salvation :) What a blessing and lesson it was that I learned from this week! So I have made plans not only for the week but for this new year to help me with that! To help me help others feel the spirit and the inspiration of God!! After all "I do not boast of myself as to my strength I am weak..." I must first become humbled if i want to help those god has already humbled :)

I love you all family! Keep on fighting, DONT YOU QUIT, the finish line is near, we WILL reach the peak and we WILL reach the gold! Love you all and have an amazing week!!

LOVE ELDER OVARD

p.s. sorry its a short one this week haha

No comments:

Post a Comment