FAMILIA!~!!!!
Una semana mas ya paso en los libros !!! WAZZUP!!!!! haha Wow What a week! I am soooo very grateful to have a computer in my hands today! I have soooo much gratitude to give yal and also to God :) First and foremost yals are the best! Thanks for letters cards everything you do for me! It means a lot and I know that the harder the work the more blessed you are. That alone helps me push myself at times!! So thanks :) Secondly, God is GOOD! Once again God has placed one of his beloved children in my path!! This past week we had 1 baptism. His name is JAVON SANDERS. Javon is this black man thats like 25 yrs old and lets just say he's a stud. He got outta jail like a month ago and has had desires to better the quality of his life ever since. We met him like a week after he got out. He came to church he's been living the commandments and everything. He even will go around his house telling people that their sinning when they drink or smoke haha He's so funny! Anyways he came to church yesterday and got baptized. He has a tattoo right in between his eyes! To a lot of peple he looks scary, but man oh man he's chill! Funny thing though. There at church there is this cute fairly young black girl that is single. She has 2 kids just like Javon. WELL, this young balck girl is already a member. When she found out Javon was getting baptized she stood around to watch. Sooo after the baptism we look at Javon as he is checking out this member. Javon turns his head and talks to a different member. Then we look over at this young single black sister in the ward as SHE BEGINS checking out Javon. Shocked but yet excited we look at Javon and say" Hey man what you think? You should go talk to her man?" hahaha all he does is SMILES with a big ol grin on his face!! He is like yeahhh shes cute. And shes a Mormon. And she likes God. hahaha "match maker match maker make me a match" It's going to happen. We then committed him to come to church every sunday after that. We said, "So Javon if you want to get that girl then you gotta come to church ERRRRRR sunday to talk with her and show her you want to be in a family of God." He smiled once again and said I'll be HERE!!!" haha yeahhhh
This past week we met a family from the Dominican Republic... #BASEBALL. They have like 4 kids and all play ball. I'm sooooooo pumped to go and teach them! They were awesome! Finally I find some people that love baseball haha I told them that when I come back we needa play catch and stuff so they should be planning on it :) Ill keep you update though! Im PUMPED!!!
What a blessing it was though to see Javon get baptized! I loved it because throughout the week that was my focus. To help the individual become converted. Making sure the lessons and plans everything I did was focused on them. Just by doing that I was able to see a miracle. Not only the miracle of Javon getting baptized but we found new cool people and we just are seeing a lot of success in our area once again! I feel extremely good about it!!
Also this past week i was able to go on an exchange with the AP's!! We had so much fun! haha Those elders are amazing! I love them! Then also this past week we had a meeting with president Anderson. All the Zone Leaders and District Leaders came together. It was soooo cool. President Anderson told us that Elder Richardson will be our new mission president. That was really weird. Also he told us the temple info. It should be done here soon they are having the open house in like March and aApril and then the dedication in May I believe :) I'm extremely excited and grateful I get to be here for all that !!!
Other then that the Zone is still doing great! We are seeing lots of miracles! Our goal is 30 this month and we are sitting at a solid 8 right now. We need 11 each week to finish out January!! We can do it though! This week we have zone training. So that means we are really busy planning everything out once again. It should be really good though and Elder Loucks and I are excited about it. Elder Loucks goes home on like the 30th so he wants his last training to be boss! We will make it happen :)
Love you family and keep up the great work! TOGETHER WE CAN TOGETHER WE WILL!!!
Love ELDER OVARD
Javon Sanders Baptism!
No comments:
Post a Comment