Sunday, November 23, 2014

President Richardson's first President's Message

My Wonderful Elders & Sisters….
 
I just had a chat with President Anderson (who is already in “Texas”…!), and he reminded me that I needed to send out my “President’s Message” each Sunday night.  I haven’t had the chance to think much about what I wanted, or needed to say, but let me just say a few things to you, on this, my “first” message to you…
 
First of all, it has been “incredible” for Sister Richardson & I to have had the chance to meet with, and see in action, many of you (lessons with the AP’s last night, baptism after the Stake Conference today), and it has been really exciting to see how really “special” you all are, and how excited we are to get to know you better, and work closely with you, to further the Lord’s work here, in the great Florida, Fort Lauderdale Mission…!
 
Now, we are going to be meeting you all this week, and I would ask that in preparation for these “Meet the President” sessions, that you all read: D&C 100: 1-8, Alma 5:14, Moroni 7:48, as this will be a big part of our discussion.  Also, the AP’s just called me, and asked that I let the Fort Lauderdale & Coral Springs Zones know, that they need to meet on Tuesday in the “Plantation Chapel”, as the Fort Lauderdale Chapel is having their parking lot redone this week, and we can’t park there…
 
Also, for my discussion with you at Friday’s MLC, please review in advance “page 4” of Preach My Gospel, which we will also be reviewing together…
 
I’m also starting to get texts from the Zone Leaders, on how the baptism’s have gone this week…please continue this, and make sure to get your data into the system by 9:00-9:30pm, on Sunday nights, so I can get a look at the key indicators for the mission for this week…(and don’t forget your letters..!)…
 
We are going to do “great things” together, and we are so blessed to have you, the most wonderful & righteous missionaries in the Church…serving here, in this mission, at this time….
 
We Love You All…!  And we look forward to you getting to know us, and we getting to know each of you much more, this week…
 
See You Soon…!
President & Sister Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment