Friday, August 31, 2012

Hola!!

Hola from the MTC!!!

A week down and here I'm am on the Computer again!! It is crazy how fast the time is flying by here! I love it! Of course the language is hard, but nothing comes easy in anything you do, right? This past week we had a wonderful experience that I don't know if I will EVER forget! Elder Hunter and I were able to commit our first investigatory to baptism! The amazing thing was though, we were saying spanish words that we didn't even know how to say. The spirit and Holy Ghost truly took over and started teaching and it was amazing! We could just feel the spirit so strongly. During the entire lesson my companion and me were just smiling and looking him straight in the eyes and telling him about Christ, Joseph Smith, the book of mormon, the Atonement and how we can live together with our families forever! Even if our spanish wasn't perfect, we got our point across and that was all that mattered! That is one very important thing I have learned while being here! It's not us teaching, its the spirit! Us as missionaries have the purpose of inviting others to come unto Christ by helping them learn the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. Through all of our principals in our church! We pray for experiences like this to continue to happen as long as we work for them! I know they will! If we do all we can and are obedient then the lord will bless us! After all by small and simple things...right? we receive great things!! Blessing from the lord are amazing and we will always get them as long as we are doing what is right!
I love this gospel so much and the opportunity I have to be here in the MTC taking it all in at once! Then being able to go and share it with the world! What greater joy:)
I am loving everything about this place! The food is amazing, I have already gained around 5-6 pounds and still gaining haha It is bomb!!! Me and my companion always play basketball and work out! Yesterday we played softball and man, it feels good to swing that bat. Even if i'm swinging straight up in the air to try and hit a softball!
Maynerd keep tearing it up with football!! It sounds like you had quite the game the other night! Good luck tonight and make sure you give it all you got! Your a stud man!
Sounds like Dev and Nick are doing really well! Can't believe they have all already gone through the process in which I'm doing right now! It's amazing to think how many amazing young men come through here not knowing much but by the time they leave they know the gospel and maybe a language!
I love you all so so much and want you to know how happy I am! I hope all is well back home and the hope the family is doing great!

With much love from the MTC, Elder Ovard

No comments:

Post a Comment