Sunday, March 17, 2013

Missionary work is in God's hands

President,
This week was a test in gods hands. He pushed Elder Dean and I to work the hardest we could but still come up way short of accomplishing our goals. It was a week of not being too successful with finding people home and finding new people. We know that it was god testing our faith though. As we worked super hard and did our best to spread the gospel, God gave us a blessing in return. We happened to get 2 people to church. These two people were ones that we hadn't came in contact with throughout the week.However they were two friends of members that wanted to come and so the member committed to bringing them every sunday. So just like that God blessed us for our hard work this past week. We talked and talked about how the mission brings such great joy and struggles sometimes. We talked about how the atonement and how Jesus Christ made it possible for us to look past our struggles and focus on the happiness and joy of this work. It was a good bonding and growing time for Elder Dean and I. We know that was the intention of God. I feel that we did everything in our hands to be successful this last week of Elder Deans mission, but God had other plans. He helped us talk about what we both needed to hear. Me in the mission and Elder Dean as he is headed home. It was all a blessing.
Throughout the week while all this was happening I read in the Book of Mormon about Alma the Younger. What an example he was to us. As we saw him change his life completely around and overcome those bad things and struggles in his life through the savior Jesus Christ. I learned that it doesn't matter if it's a hard time in the mission or a hard time in life. Everyone has them and everyone can learn and grow through them. Thats why God gives us the hardships because if we overcome them with HIS help he will bless us and he will never leave us (his children) in darkness. That light will always be there to help us and lead us and guide us. Love you president! Have a good week!
Elder Ovard
 
Well okay so that was my email to president this week haha The other Elders told me thats always a good thing to add to the letter home that way you don't have to write so much. Well knowing me i'll still write so much. I am known for being the missionary thats always writing and sending letters. Uh oh haha wasting all my money i get on stamps haha jk no i don't send that many.
Anyways it was a little bit harder week as you read. Elder Dean and I had some great times though. I'll miss that kid. Thanks for forwarding me his moms email. He is such a goof haha I love it. Oviously he is headed home here in like 2 days. His testimony and change in the mission alone has been such a great thing for me. To see where he'd been and the missionary he was to the missionary he has become is just something special. He gives me too much credit for being that person that has helped him change and of course he always says i'm his favorite comp but i don't like it when he says that haha. He's awesome! I'll miss him but i'm excited for him to go home and continue on in righteousness. Oh and get married to his girl hahaha he promise me he would be within like the year. Before i get home at least haha give him crap about it when you see him ;)
Other then that it wasn't much of a week. Transfers are this week. So my run with elder peterson and being in the MIAMI downtown big city are over... haha well he's getting transfered. IM STAYING!!!! YAYAYA I love it here. Elder Samuelian and I are staying here in riverside miami and the other two are gone. So tomorrow we will go up to FT LAD and get our new comps. We'll see how it goes. I'm excited as always. Were hoping to get some awesome missionaries, but i've learned already don't judge a book by it's cover right;) Elder Dean was one I was a lil worried about at first but get lost in the work and you'll get along!! It's was great!
I'm glad you guys like the package! It wasn't much but everything i loved. I better get though. I have to write the friend letter thing. Love you all!!
Elder Ovard
 
                       I WILL GO.... I WILL DO..... BRING IT ON MIAMI!!!!! IT'S THE BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment