Sunday, March 17, 2013

New Companion Elder Benitez

I'm am excited for all the success the mission is having! 44 baptisms in one week. WOW!! I know that as we all continue in righteousness and follow christ he is going to bless us. Our mission is obedient and I know that is what makes us different! I remember when I first got to the mission and just hearing baptizing weekly sounded impossible. After going out and getting to work and seeing first hand that it IS impossible and we can do all things if we just rely on and trust in the lord. This week was super awesome. New companion. Lots of excitement and just a desire to work hard. My new companion and I just love each other. We are both always joking around and try to have the best attitude we can about everything we do. We talked our first night together and we came to the conclusion if we are always happy, loving and work hard then we are going to baptize. We are going to have that weekly baptism success. I know that it's possible President. We have set goals together as a companionship to accomplish these desirous and wants of ours. As we have learned if we desire something and put that faith in christ so that his hand can help us accomplish it.. then it's going to happen. We are super excited to get to work this week.
This week I liked the scriptures to myself as a missionary and my purpose! Something that helped me understand more of what god wants me to do. I read in D&C 15. I read the entire section but included my name in multiple places. After basically everytime it said you.. I would put my name. At the beginning when it says something like my servant (then i would put my name). I found that doing this in multiple sections of D&C helped me to understand what my purpose is here in the mission. What I have been called to do as a representative of Jesus Christ. I love this work so very much President. I am so so blessed in my life. To be here in this wonderful blessed land of SOUTH FLORIDA! Thanks for always being such an inspired man and example to us as missionaries! Love you and we look forward to accounting with you next week!

WAZZUP FAMILIA!!!
QUE VOLA HACERE!!!!
haha wow I love this mission!! I love Florida!!! I love life baby!!!! So my new comps name is Elder Benitez haha gimme another latin :) He is from paraguay but has lived in UT ever since he was 10. He lives like up towards ogden. Probably right new to the gun shop haha Anyways!! He's awesome. Elder gust (from stg) trained him. I am growing to love him more and more everyday. My favorite thing about him is he's always happy. Always smiling and trying to crack jokes. We get along super well haha He was elder samuelians comp and elder samuelian had a rough time with him haha but oh well. Once again after transfer meetins I had people telling me it's going to be a rough transfer for you.. keep on that kid and make sure he's obedient. SOO whatever that means. I don't listen to others when they talk bad about other missionaries. It's just a blessing to be able to be that person that gets to try and help them. Elder Dean was awesome and we both learned a lot from each other. It makes me super happy to know I helped him end his mission the way he wanted to. He's home with his fam haha thats crazy. I sure hope he's doing good!! Anyways so as you can tell Elder Benitez and I have some good goals and are going to continue to work super hard. Our week this past week was super good. We talked to each other in spanish all day everyday. I have to do something to continue to better my spanish ;) I love spanish.
Thanks for all the updates with where everyone is headed! It's always so much fun hearing that stuff. It's just crazy that I've been out almost 7 months already and they haven't left haha wow. The sisters will all basically get home around the same time though haha! When does Kacey Rogers go into the mtc? I'm super excited for her to get here! It'll be fun. I know she'll do awesome!
Well whats new in miami?? hmmmm.... Well this weekend is the CALLE OCHO festival haha uh oh. We will be staying away from that. Unfortunately we live on CALLE OCHO hahaha. So the calle ocho festival is something like millions of people come to. Who knows pitbul?? the singer?? haha hope you don't know him but anyways if you do he always sings about calle ocho and stuff and he is big into calle ocho. He loves it and always comes to this festival. So we have that this next sunday. It'll be crazy im sure. We've all locked our hearts though and are working hard. :) haha
Spiritually... The lord works in miraculous ways. I know he sent elder benitez to me for a reason. The lord helped us this past week in many ways. We had a week of finding and we knocked a lot of doors. We found so many different types of people. We found a less active that was baptized like 4 yrs ago. We left a book of mormon with her and are going back to see her tomorrow. She was super cool and was super grateful that the lord was watching over her. It was awesome. She knew we were sent from god. The most awesome thing about it was the house right before her was just some guy drinking beer and like telling us how stupid we were and how us mormons don't know what were talking about. We don't know jesus christ and how we worship joseph smith and all that fun stuff. hahaha Those experience are always ones that missionaries remember haha but just the fact that the lord was able to test our faith a little bit with th at guy but then build us up with this wonderful less active member afterwards. It's so crazy how the blessings work. mosiah 2: 27 or somewhere around there. Can't remember exactly but it talks about how the lord will give us immediate blessings if we keep his commandments and do as he asks. I have seen that to be true!!
I love this work. I'm thankful to be here in FL and to be a representative of Jesus Christ. The joy this work brings is better then all things i have experienced in my life. I love you all and thanks for the support. Letters Email and love just makes it that much better:)
Love ya Elder Ovard!!
 
p.s Those jerseys dad are SOOOOO sick hahaha WOW i'm jealous. Tell secrist to just retire that number 3 will ya?? haha jk Those are so sick. Thanks for the addresses and updates with everything. Thats so awesome B decided to go on a mission. I'm so proud of him. I wish Hayden would do the same but I guess he isn't ready yet and that still in the process of the lord. To help him get back on the path. He's a good kid and i know he will find the light of christ through peoples examples. Like B!! Love you guys! HAve an awesome week! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment