ESTOY QUEDANDO AQUI EN LA TIERRA PROMETIDA PARA UN TRANSLADO MAS :)
Family!!! Whats up Whats up!! Wow i didn't sleep at all last night because i was so anxious to tell yal the news haha So Elder Ovard is STAYING in the promised land of miami........ AND TRAINING..... uh oh :) hahahaha It's the truth though. Elder Benitez is gone and once again I stay haha where i'm training i'll be here for a least 2 more transfers haha I'm just loving life. I tell you what. Last night when I heard the news that I was staying and training I began jumping and screaming for joy!! haha WOW I LOVE THIS PLACE!! I was so so happy!!! We were all talking and that means i will serve 6 transfers of my mission here in Miami. Thats like a year of my mission. I'll leave here in like the end of july or the beginning of Aug :) I'm so happy! I know the lord anwsered my prayers and gave me what i desired. I wanted to stay and train here so so bad! I prayed so hard this week asking for this to happen. haha I guess the lord is giving me a chance and trusting me with his beloved children and a wonderful new missionary! I couldn't be any happier!
It just so happened to be that one of my favorite talks in conference as well was one in the priesthood session by David L Beck. Idk if i liked it so much because i met him here in Miami when he was here or what, but he talked on ministering. He talked about how Christ ministered and taught personally to people. He talked about how we are all ministers and we all have the responsiblity to minister to others through the priesthood. Loving and serving others is a form of ministry. I really tried relating that to me as a missionary. I know that if i become a minister just as christ was then I will have succes and I will complete the plans in which god has created for me here in Miami. Most importantly though I will do Gods will rather then mine. All in All though it was an amazing conference! I loved like every talk. I loved how president monson and others hit on obedience. Only like the most important principle and doctrine in life! As a missionary you can never be too obedient :) I really enjoyed conference though because it gave me the motivation and boost that i needed. Lately the work and finding has been a little bit slower. Still amazing and progressing like crazy but it's been hard finding those elect and those people like Wilmer! I know through obedience and through ministering like Christ did me and my new companion will see the lords hand in his work. It's going to be awesome!! Oh and the temple in Cedar... haha wow!!! That's so awesome!!!
Onto some other funny stuff this week. So on like wednesday or thursday i was downtown at sister Carranzas house. She feeds us every sunday. Anyways she needed help fixing something in her house. So we went down and I went in and began fixing it. Well she just so happened to be watching the BYU vs. UVU baseball game hahaha ahhhhhhh!!!!!! Sure enough I saw Hayden Neilson, B Anderson and Krugar on uvu. All kids that i played with this summer! haha it was so awesome to see them for 2 seconds and even watch Krugar and Neilson hit. This was all in the process of fixing her cabinets for her ok haha I wasn't being disO. It was so funny though and i was happy to see them having success. Hayden flew out to left and krugar struck out. Hayden is looking big though haha wow!
Also this week was the first Marlins home game here in Miami!! It was so cool! People were everywhere! Many people offered to buy us tickets and give us free tickets haha A radio dude from the game even walked out the stadium and saw us talking to Lore and Lazaro across the street. He said hey hey i know you guys. My radio guys can get you all so good tickets you wanna go?? haha we unfortunately had to decline but it was super tempting ;)
I have been gaining some weight;) muscle of course haha all honestly. I weigh like 164 or so and honestly still feel like i'm in the best shape of my life. The bike riding each and everyday. Then we have a gym in our building that we live in so we have weights and a bench press and treadmils and stuff to use every morning!! It's the best. So I have been gaining weight but it's all for the better :) Maybe i'll go home and be able to finally drop some bombs haha
About the gays guys haha no worries.. They are all off our lists long long ago. We of course try to help them a lil bit but if they don't progress the first time then theres nothing we can do!! haha
I'm super excited to be staying here onces again in Miami! I love it here and know theres so much work to be done! I love you all and will try to write you a lil more! I still gotta write my letter to the president haha love you all PEACE
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment