This is a letter that Elder O wrote to his friends. Mother's get together once a month to share letters that their missionaries write and we send those letters to the boys so they can keep in communication.
WAZZUP!!!!!
Prayer works my Friends.. It truly does work and what a blessing it is that we are able to talk with our heavenly father!! This week was awesome and my testimony of prayer has been strengthen so so much!! Wow.. Elder White (the missionary that I am training right now) and I had some awesome experiences with prayer! We were out contacting people on the streets one day and we decided to start with a prayer and ask god to help us find that one person that needed us at this time. We'll right after I said amen i look up the street and there was a guy that was going out to get his trash can. We rush over to him and I say hey can we help you with that. He says sure. We then ask him if we can pray with him and bless his house. He says sure he would love that right now because his life and his thoughts aren't where he wants them to be right now. So we said a prayer with him as he began to cry. He felt the spirit so strong. He committed to baptism and is preparing for cinco de mayo :) 5th of may haha so after that blessing from god and for him answering our prayers, we decided we better give thanks to god. We said another prayer thanking god. Really helping him understand how blessed we felt to have met this man named Rafael. After we gave thanks we thought of the principle of IF... THEN... statements. We said IF... we pray to god and ask him to lead us to his elect THEN.... he will immediately put us in their path just like he did with Rafael. So with this statement we had the faith. We said why not, it worked once why not again!! :) So right after the prayer of gratitude we said another prayer of faith, guidance and help to know where we needed to go to contact this next elect child. Right after the prayer we looked around. Didn't see anyone or many people so we decided we needed to act then we would see the blessing. We began walking up the street and right as we did ANOTHER person, lady this time walked out of her house with trash in her hand. We asked if we could help her and she said no no haha you guys are too nice. Then we asked if we can leave a prayer with her. We did. We blessed the house as she felt the spirit. She also accepted a date for the 5th of may. Right after we met her.. what do you think we did? Said a prayer of gratitude haha it was amazing! God works in amazing ways my friends.
I want you all to know that prayer works! Prayer is the one way we can open up to gods will, know the things in which he wants us personally to do and then he will bless us as we open our will to his will.
Having this opportunity to train and lead and be an example is the best. I have grown so much in the language.. but much importantly seeking the help of god. Seeking his help in all that we do!
I love you guys all so much and I hope all is well wherever you may be at this point in your missions. Continue to do your best and work hard. I know god will bless you! As more me I'll STILL in Miami :) haha Luckily I will almost hit my year mark here in my first area! The area I was born, trained and have experienced many many mighty miracles thanks to the love of god! I love you guys and remember how blessed we all are! To be where we are right now in our lives. No greater thing FOR our lives my friends! Love you boys keep tearin it up! Your all studs in your own ways. God share this personal testimony that I know you all have!!
Love ELDER OVARD
No comments:
Post a Comment