I think this is how I always start out my letters to my wonderful family and friends but i'm going to do it again... I LOVE THE MTC!!! haha seriously though this place is so great! The spirit is always so strong here. This past week Elder Hunter and I had the opportunity to teach our District Meeting lesson. Our teacher sitting in on the lesson said it was one of the best he has ever heard. (meaning he's probably only heard 2 lessons but anyways...) haha Our lesson was on having Faith in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. What a topic right? It was so much fun studying and learning about christ and his sacrifice for all the children of men. I seriously learned so much. One scripture that I shared and expounded on because I loved so much was the scripture 1 Nephi 19:9. I love it for many reasons! but mostly how it shows the love Jesus Christ had for all of his children. And how he had the Natural Men of the world beating him and spitting on him but yet he still loved them. Christ loves everyone. I love that. People may hurt us in some way but the thing to do is do as christ would and forget about it and love them back. Even if they are mean. Love everyone with all your heart. Don't judge, because I know if we are caught in the act of judging we will have no one to blame but ourselves. I loved that scripture. Take what you get out of it but I know with a fact you'll get something!
This week we also got to hear a fireside talk by Brother Watson.. Let me just say WOW!! He is like the Director of prosolyting (however you spell it) and he talked about the importance of our "Dear friend" the Book of Mormon! We can look to the Book of Mormon for any questions we may have! He touched on how the world is making plays and doing things to pretty much make missionaries and the Book of Mormon look dumb and goofy. He told us to NEVER go to anything that talks bad about this book. And how it is our Job to go and stand up for the Truth in it! It was really good I loved his talk so much!
I am so excited to share my BDAY in the MTC with my boys coming from STG!! I can't wait. I am going to do everything I can to get out there to meet with Dillon and Connor!
Anyways I love you all so much! Thanks for the continuation of love and support!
Have a great week!
Love, Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment