This week Connor Livingston and Dillon Cook came into the MTC! Let me just say... WOW it's good to have even more friends here now!! They are both so ready and so prepared! You can tell just by talking with them. Elder Livingston is actually in my zone! How cool is that. Two of us little ST GEEZY boys in the same zone as missionaries! What a blessing. I will see him everyday and i'm sure we will do study every so often together!! Dillon is in the building next to me so I should see him a lot too. He only has three weeks in here! He is missing out haha but he is ready! I will about be leaving the same time Dillon does. or sorry Elder Cook. Thats crazy to think about!
This week Elder Echo Hawk a General Authority come to our class and talk with us! It was sooo cool. He talked about having exact obedience and the blessings we get from it! Then he also talked about the ripples affect. And how if we convert one, that stays active and lives the gospel. Years down the road that one person could be up to the teens and then the twenties! It's crazy! He shared this with us because that is what happened to him. He was a convert and his whole fam and kids and grandkids are active in the church now.
This work is so so real and I love it!! Spanish is such a cool language and as hard as it is to learn, I think it is slowly coming and with the Lords help I will get r done and I will be in Flo-Rida bringing the lost sheep out of babylon! For after all... My purpose is to invite others to come unto christ, by helping them recieve the restored gospel through faith in the lord Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the H.G and enduring til the end! That is what we do as missionaries!
I love the Gospel! I love the MTC! The food is amazing :) haha HASTA LUEGO
Love ELDER OVARD
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:28 AM, Austin Ovard
I know I just sent the other half
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:27 AM, Austin Ovard
sorry idk why that sent the first half of my letter but anyways...... So i was able to get to the Curb and meet up with Dillon! Although I had to like fight with one of the lady workers to get there haha so i was able to say hi to Dillons dad and mom but then I went and met Dillon after he got all his stuff. The I walked Dil around for a little bit, took him to his room and then took him to class. I will never forget that first day of class haha thank goodness though he was only english speaking!! After I dropped him off to class I went to wait for connor. Sounds like you already heard but i was able to get him as well! I was so happy to see Boyd! oh man that man is great! So Jordan Bozarth and Treyston Frazier and me were all there to get him. After Elder Boz left with connor I hurried and told Boyd and his wife the good news.. I said DONT WORRY, he is going to be great! He is in my zone!!! hahaha they both started to cry and were so excited that he was going to have me there to help him ALL THE TIME! I'm so happy he is in our zone. I see him everyday and he lives in the same building as me so we talk every night :) They are both a little overwhelmed still though but making progress haha It's hard until you get about a week down then I know they will be GREAT!
How is Lonne and his Elk? and Grandpa hahahaha man I laughed probably for 10 min after I read that. Feel bad chad made him try and hike. why would you do that with a grandpa? oh well, but just how he couldn't find the elk in the scope hahaha I have done that a few times in my young days and I know exactly how he must have felt afterwards!! It's alright, as long as he had fun thats all that matters!
So we were able to have that General Authority come and wow it was amazing. His name was Elder Echo Hawk. He was like indian. But he commented on some points that will help us succeed. He told us if we were 100 percent obedient then we will be blessed with 100 persent of the blessings!! if were 30 percent obedient then we will only be blessed with 30 percent of the blessings. I thought and pondered on that and it's so true!
Well my Memory of grandpa gub is always the one about me and mason! How we would go work with him as a kid. Mason would always guzzle his drink down and have to have some of grandpas! One day maynerd asked gpa if he could have some of his drink and grandpa said ya. Then maynerd said what is it? grandpa look at him and said its fruit punch! Maynerd took a swig and said grandpa just because it's red doesn't mean its Fruit Punch hahaha It was Code Red Mountain Dew!!
Thats all I got and my times running down! I love you all so much! I really do have the Best family! I Will write letters again!
Love you!
Elder Ovard
On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 7:14 AM, Austin Ovard
WELL hello again my wonderful family!!!
I swear I was just barely on this dang computer in the laundry room emailing yal haha but I love it because that means I am learning and time is going by and pretty soon I will be in Flo-Rida preaching the word of god and saving the lost souls of babylon :)
Just like to start out by saying THANK YOU all for the BDAY wishes and the package! I have been eating like a king! All of the best candy and my mints and my cupcakes and of the best of all the party supplies haha believe it or not but we DID use it all!! I got pictures that I will send after I get done writing this!! It was so much fun though! If I had to choose between my favorite BDAYS I think my MTC one and that whole experience has to be up there at the top of my list! My day was full of warm heart felt hugs! Then one of my best buds
No comments:
Post a Comment