Saturday, October 20, 2012

Hola Familia y Amigos

Como estan todos? I can't believe i am officially down to my last week here in the MTC. It is so crazy! like seriously! I'm getting so exctied though, I want to do everything I can to finish out my time here though and learn all I can and all the Lord has in store for me. I know there is a reason we are in the MTC before we head out to the field. I have learned so so much and it will be sad to leave! This week was AMAZING though! I will never forget this past week. We had the privilege of having Chad Lewis, a professional football player for the eagle, come and speak to us! He was so cool. He told us experiences he had in football, on his mission and in life. He is a guy that I definitely want to be like! One think I really really liked though that he said was.. As missionaries and children of god we receive instructions, rules and principles that are like practicing a drill in sports. We do the best we can but drills sometimes are boring and they are hard to give it all we have sometimes. He explained though a drill is something we practice and do because when we need it at that crucial moment in our life or in a game... what we have been practicing and doing as "drills" will come into reality and that game and our lives will be on the line. We have to always be practicing what the lord has commanded of us. They are like drills, hard to follow sometimes but in the long run if we do what were supposed to our drills and the lord with help us in all we do. I loved this and it really stood out to me when Chad Lewis was talking about it!
Another great opportunity.. :) on Tuesday night for our devotional we had the opportunity to hear from one of our beloved apostles. Elder David A. Bednar!! WOW it was amazing! We all stood up when he walked in that big gym filled with thousands of missionaries! The spirit was so strong just being in his presence. He taught us a few important things that i also loved. Since it was only 2 days after conference he chose to talk to us about conference and the importants of it. Then he taught us how to study each of these talks and how we can get everything out of them that is intended for us. He gave us 3 things in which we are supposed to look for. 1. What is the Doctrine or the Principle being taught. 2. What Invitation is there? What are they asking us to do. 3. What is the Promised Blessing that will come if we do what they say. These three things are so so true! We watched a few talks while he explained all of this to us and in every talk there were these 3 things!! It really was a blessing to have him there and help us! I encourage everything to rewatch a few talks and really focus on this way and PATTERN of studying and learning!

Well I better get! The last week here in the MTC and i'm getting so excited to get out there to FLO-RIDA:) I love you all and have a wonderful week!!

ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment