Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Blessed With Baptisms

FAMILY!!!!!

ELDER HALL- transfers: ELDER OVARD- stays!!!!!! DANGIT haha I am so sad today. It's hard to see my main man Elder Hall leave. We have had some great times together. Most importantly god has taught us so soooooo much. Both of us have worked extremely hard like I have mentioned in the previous letters. Hard time after hard time but hey guess what..... GOD BLESSED US WITH 3 AMAZING BAPTISMS this past week :) haha It was amazing to see the blessings this past week. God is Good family and I love that about him! He will always support us and bless us if we are giving him our all. One thing I loved about this transfer is I have learned the true definition of what it means to be patient. CHRISTLIKE PATIENT! It was amazing to look back on the transfer we have had together. How we did SO much to just bring some souls unto christ but yet how hard it was. Trial after trial, doing our best to endure it well. FAMILY God does as he promises. In preach my gospel it talks about how patience is when you face these trials and hardships but while facing them your attitude and spirit is still loving and uplifting to all those around you. HOPING with a surety in your heart that things will get better with gods help. I love that because that paragraph in PMG sums up Elder halls and mine transfer. I love it. 
We saw 3 amazing souls come closer to christ this past week. 3 Ladies names Nichole, Jamila and Dena!! All were miracles! Its so great to have seen them accept jesus christ in their lives. I will send you pictures on them :) How amazing they are though. Each one of them had to make a change before they were baptized. Was it easy... NO but they did it for god. That was their gift that they were giving God this Christmas season :) I love that about them!!!!
Not only did god bless us with 3 amazing baptisms but he blessed us with 9 people to church :) Our work was rewarding. We saw these people come to church, leaving behind the things of the world. It was sooooo cool. One of those families that came was Yakira. I think I've told you about her. Wait yes I know I have. She's the one that was evicted from her house. Well this past week she was seeing miracles in her life as well. She finally found a new place to rent and is going to move this week sometime. She loves church. She's been 5 times now. She really wants to get baptized. She is probably going to get baptized tonight before elder hall goes :) She said to us yesterday when we were visiting with her. I am planning on getting baptized this Sunday... We said Sunday WAIT Yakira look Elder Hall is leaving on Wednesday.. What if you do it tomorrow night? She looked at us smiled and said.. Okay I probably will but let me get back to you tomorrow :) haha so we are currently waiting for her to call us back! IT's great to see though. Another family of 3 getting baptized today! That would mean God would have blessed Elder Hall and i with 6 baptisms our last week together :) Like I said 'PATIENCE IS EVERYTHING. WHEN WE ENDURE IT WELL WITH LOVE AND LAUGHTER... GOD GRANTS US BLESSINGS' I love the lessons that i have been learning!!! God has also been blessing the zone. We have a goal of 32 baptisms in December and we are at 18 right now. That leaves us at 7 a week for these next two weeks. We can do it. I know we can and i feel soooo blessed to be a part of it :) 

Onto Christmas :) We had our party this past week and i'll email you a link with pictures of that party that president A took :) Anyways So next week we will skype hopefully haha no we will it shouldn't be a problem. I will find a member this week that will let us use their computers :) I'll give you more updates next week on that good stuff but plz if you can just let me know the best time you'd like me to skype. I can call a little bit before like we did last time if that works best. I'm really excited though and it should be fun!! I can't believe it's already time again! 

I'm excited to see who my new companion is going to be. It's fun being zone leader because you can almost guess who. For example i think Elder Hall is going AP and i will probably either get Elder WEBB or Elder Loucks as my companion :) Next week we'll see if i'm right :) It's fun though because some of the elders that came out with me and elders that i'm really close with will prob go ZL this transfer. Elder Hunter for example. It's exciting!! 

Anyways I love you all. Sorry it's a lil short. I wanna be able to send you the pictures of the party and stuff. I love you all!! Keep up the amazing work in all your doing :) Keep it real,. Keep it fun and MERRY CHRISTMAS :)

ELDER OVARD

p.s. The Book of Mormon musical is still going and boy it's a crack up everytime. Things always happen haha crazy questions are always asked and boy oh boy it makes me laugh. For example quick story... I contacted this one girl and her BF (i think) and I gave them a card. They asked if I'm a real mormon and I said Yes of course and the girl immediately looks at me eyes me up and down and says... 'then your a virgin right? yes I respond... she says well are you planning on staying that way?? cause it's going to be hard. Girls like me are just temptation ya know. hahahahhahaha oh man it was hilarious but yet sooooo sad to see that. A poor daughter of God like that. The great thing was it enabled me to share a scripture with them and then leave them the book of mormon afterwards committing them to live the law of chastity. OH CRAZINESS HAHAHHAHA

p.s.s. I got your first 2 packages and will prob get the 3rd tomorrow at transfer meeting haha thank you so much for everything. Elder hall wants me to thank you for the presents treats and everything as well :) we love you 

No comments:

Post a Comment