Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Give Gifts to God This Christmas!

Well all you SNOWBIRDS!!!!!! how is life?? haha Wow I can't believe how much it snowed back there in Utah. I see you all bundled up in layers of clothes and i just think to myself.. When was the last time i had a sweatshirt on?? hahahaha Florida is bomb!! I truly am so blessed to be here in this mission. I know i say that a lot but man. What could be better about it? 
I did get the package yal sent. I got the 12 days to christmas one. I loved the christmas tree haha that was impressive! I hung it up in our family room and everyone loves it! Only problem is all the missionaries check out my sisters and cousins... uh oh... :) 

This past week was awesome though! We went once again to the book of mormon musical. We are now going about 2-4 times a week. President came out and only said 8 of our companionships can go. I guess some of the newer missionaries were kinda having a hard time because its so rough. People laugh at you like crazy so president came out with a higher law! So elder hall and i are one of the 8 companionships that still go. No crazy crazy experiences from that this past week but we had a lot of fun. I think we passed our like 600 cards just from the 2 shows this past week that we went to. 

As far as the gators go?? God is sure teaching Elder Hall and I a few things. It's great though! The both of us feel like we've been working harder than ever before on our missions but yet the baptisms are all just sitting at the edge. We have so many people that are amazing and wanting to be baptized but just have one thing here or there that is keeping them from doing so. For example this past week we had 4 baptisms lined up that were really solid. Well Yakira and her kids didn't happen just because yakira wanted to wait a lil longer due to knowledge and feeling ready. Then Tony our other investigator planning on baptism came out and said the same thing sat night. haha it's crazy. WE HAVE LEARNED A LOT THOUGH. One thing that i have learned personally is being able to endure trials. NOT only endure them but endure them with a positive attitude! We found as we are diligent and obedient then everything that happens is for a reason. Gods reasoning. So this past week as we had that mindset, yes we went through a few more trials with no baptisms BUT also we remained positive. Because we did that God blessed us with 6 people in sacrament meeting on sunday. Yakira and her family who is once again preparing for this upcoming sunday. Nicole and her family. A different family we found this past week. Really solid and they are wanting to prepare for this sunday. And also a black girl named Deena. She is awesome! So here we are enduring difficulties but doing it with a good attitude, hence the reason why god is still blessing us. I love it. I love the lesson i have learned these past couple of weeks. Now we have a total of 7 investigators preparing for baptism this weekend. We are really excited and really looking to put more of our faith with efforts into the work this week. I will be sure to fill you all in with what goes down :)

Also Elder Hall and I are in the process of preparing Zone Training once again!! Yesterday we had a meeting with all the bishops in the stake and guess what..... WE GAVE A TRAINING!!!! ahhhhhh talk about a lil nervous haha It was really good though and i guess from what i heard the best meeting the bishops have had in a long time. It was more of like a counsel then a few people getting up and giving talks. It was awesome!! So we were really grateful for that! Now we are preparing Zone Training and even have to take a lil time outta our pday to prepare but HEY if it'll bring baptisms to the zone then we gotta sacrifice a bit. We are excited though we are going to be talking about faith. Then we will show our faith by everyone giving gifts to god this christmas. Then we will give a few gifts to different missionaries and have them open them. Those gifts will be how we will show our faith to god. For example one present a missionary will open is the AREA BOOK. We show faith to god and give god a present of faith as we fill out our area books nightly and also get all last names to people etc... We are really excited for the training but we have a lot of work to do for it!

Being a leader is amazing! I love working with all the different missionaries in the zone! I am grateful for you as my family and for helping me become a son of god! Keep moving forward with positive faith and i know god will bless you and protect you! Especially during this Christmas season!! Love you all!

ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment