haha I tell you what family! What a change it's been here in the good old Hollywood Ward in Ft. Lauderdale Florida!!! I love it! I be talkin like a black boy now though! I am working with so many blacks right now and they be teaching me good stuff! haha jk. It was a crazy week to say the least. Elder Hall and I have been go go go and man I love it! I don't like how much faster the time flies by though. I can't work with that. haha
The week all started preparing Zone Training! Like i mentioned we have the biggest zone in the mission and so i was a little nervous to go stand in front of them for 2 hours and teach them about leaving commitments. haha We have 16 companionships in the zone and lets just say a little more than half of them are all sisters. IDK but there are a lot of sisters here in ft lauderdale. It makes it fun for us haha The sisters are funny and are always seeking help. It opens up opportunities for Elder Hall and I to teach them and encourage them to do certain things so that god will eventually bless them!~ It truly is a blessing to be serving as a zone leader. I love it. Yes busy days and long nights but it's so worth it! Okay so back to the Zone training!! Elder Hall and I after hours of planning finally got it all ready and it was show time! We presented an amazing training and by the end of it our missionaries were 1. EXCITED 2. MOTIVATED 3. PUMPED UP.
We talked a lot about faith, hope and just our divine potential as a zone. A big focus was on finding and also because able to leave commitments then have members call and follow-up with those commitments! It was a really simple easy basic training that everyone of the missionaries was able to internalize for themselves. That is what we love about it! We are all on board and going forward with one vision in mind.... BAPTIZE :)
The next big thing in the week was exchanges! I went on an exchange with 1 DL and also an AP this week! My exchange with the DL was by far a highlight of my week. One reason being is this was an exchange with a missionary that goes home in 5 weeks. His desires to work are pretty low and he is almost giving up because he hasn't had much success for 2-3 transfers. SOOO going into the exchange i wanted to focus it on him. His strengths the things he does well, that way by the time we are done he is really to go and help the other missionaries in his district. Well that what i did. I focused on his strengths, i was seeking advice from him just as i was granting advice. One thing though that i'll never forget is this missionary "Elder Burt, saying, Elder Ovard Thank you so much for the exchange today. It was the best exchanged i've been on my entire mission. You were seeking help from me. Not only telling me what to do, but you were wanting to learn as well. And you are the ZL you are not even supposed to listen to me for advice." :) it was a miracle! God helped me to know exactly what this missionary needed. I was grateful for him and for the miracles god helped us to see that day! We found families that they are now helping prepare for baptism!
As far as investigators go :) Elder Hall and I been working HARD man! We found a lot of new investigators this week. When are got here we were running a lil low so we stepped it up this week. We found like 3 different families. A total of 14 ni for the week! It was awesome haha One of the families in which came to church on sunday! Yakira, Aden, Julian and Anaiah. (Anaiah is a girl and the cutest thing ever... i'm naming my future baby girl after her. #cutename #cutebabygirl) Anyways haha they all came to church and are preparing to get baptized. Yakira is the mother and she is kinda struggling financially right now. Her landlord is wanting to kick her out of her house because he wants to up the rent on her. She can't pay anymore than she already is. So we are helping her to find a different apartment. One that she can afford and enjoy. A few people from church own apartment buildings so we'll see what we can do. She along with her family are going to get baptized this sunday though! We are excited. We made the plans and are ready for god to work through us to help us get this miracle!!!
A member here named Jon Torsok remembers wes hall haha when he served here years ago!!!! If you can ask wes about it haha he's a funny dude!! The hollywood ward is amazing! I love it. People from all over and what a joy and blessing it is to be here at this point in my mission! I love our savior jesus christ and am grateful for him. I'm grateful to be serving him during this thanksgiving season!!
p.s. it doesn't feel like winter here haha also mom no i don't have a particular picture. You can just choose. I'll prob make my own christmas card again this year as well. Elder Hall and i will have fun with it!!
P.S.S. funny story!!!! So when i was back in homestead Elder Lando Fausett sent me an email and said bro you gotta write this girl she is super cute haha So i did. I sent her a short little email a few weeks ago and got a long letter in return ;) jk haha but anyways so i met this girl through lando back while i was in homestead. This girl goes to the U of U and she seems cool. BUTTT CRAZY THING is that i was writing her talking to her and turns out her parents grew up here in florida!! I got talking a little more and she's like hmmm how awesome would it be if you converted my grandma. She is still living there in florida. I'm like what??? where? She said HOLLYWOOD. (remember this was before transfers back when i was in homestead.) So i told her well transfers are coming up and who knows maybe i'll be transferred to Hollywood. hahhaha not really thinking that i would be since it's an english area. WELL family here i am now in hollywood and here i am holding in my hand the email with the address of this girls grandma on it!!! hahaha I'm goin to baptize her! She is hard core catholic it sounds like but hey... Nothing Elder Hall and I and God can't handle :) I'll let you know how it goes! Love you all and may peace be with thy soul and you go about your week :)
Love Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment