What up FAMILIA!!!!!!
I can't believe another week is down. Just sitting here thinking guess what.... NEXT time i email it'll 1. Be my birthday and 2. None of you will read my email until late late at night because you'll all be at the hospital with lil baby miles!!! HES COMING ON THE 24. I SWEAR I TOLD YAL THAT LIKE 3 MONTHS AGO :) I guess missionaries just get brushed off a lil bit for two years huh;) JK haha I love each of you!!! I'm so happy for paige and for the rest of you to be there and help her out! Sounds like each of you are being adventurous as usual:) I love it! This past week was pretty crazy around here as well. For example one night as i was brushing my teeth Elder Millett decided he was going to come in and brush his teeth with me. I thought okay i can do this... something that i had never done with him but definately done in the past with older companions haha ANYWAYS so we are there brushing our teeth and i point at the window. There on the outside of the window was a GIANT LIZARD. When i say Giant i mean it's pretty normal to see like 7 inch long lizards around here so you can imagine a GIANT one. So Elder millett decides to go and hit the window and try and make the lizards fall off. So he does..... AND FAILS. Then he gets the BRILLIANT idea of opening the window a little bit until it just falls off because he hits the other window as we are opening the one. Well turns out as Elder millett is opening the window... The lizard back fires on him. The Lizard like LEAPS inside the bathroom right onto the toilet. great..... NOW WHAT??????? I immediately ran out of the bathroom and shut the door.. keep in mind toothpaste just running down my cheeks. I HATE REPTILES. you all know that already. So i was not getting involved. I forced yes FORCED Elder millett to catching the thing and throwing it back outside. I didn't want a lizard in my bathroom. Well another factor now comes into play. This factor is the CLOCK. It was 10:28 and the Lizard was still roamin free in the bathroom. Running up and down our shower.... my towell... our sink.... etc.. 10:29 strikes. TIME FOR PRAYING. AHHHHHHH so we folded a blanket and shoved it underneath the door so that the lizard wouldn't be able to escape the bathroom into the house. So here we are laying in bed because it's 10:30 while a BIG GIANT LIZARD is chilling in a nice beautiful big pearly white bathroom for a night. Just living in paradise huh!!! AHHHH what a nightmare i had! It was crazy hahaha The next morning we were able to manage to get it out. It took us a lil while but we got it done! TALK ABOUT CRAZY HUH
On the spiritual side of things haha we had an amazing lesson with noveltys wife. Her name is tereysa. We have been working with her for quite some time now. Probably close to 2 months. It's crazy. We were able to trake a member with us though that once again helped a lot. This member was able to testify and relate to our investigator tereysa. By the end of the lesson we were able to commit her to a baptism date for this coming saturday:) Que Bueno Verdad?? Then to top off the miracle guess what else... Her husband Novelty whom you all know so much about, He was able to get the priesthood this past sunday. So now he will be able to baptize her if thats what she desires. It was amazing how everything set up perfectly and how god truly does have his own time.
So speaking of Novelty getting the priesthood.. guess who he asked to do it??? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! uh oh... How do i do that?? haha i had to do a lil studying and reading just as a mission in whole requires:) but i figured it out and I was able to give our recent convert novelty the aaronic priesthood. It was pretty amazing and once again a great testimony builder for me!!
Other then that it was a week full of finding and knocking doors and saying prayers with people. We met many many wonderful souls that desire to come unto christ. Now it is our job to be there helping them and showing them the things in which they can do through ACTIONS to show god this desire that they have!
Also my spanish haha many of you have asked about it.... How is it??? hmmmmm many say it's good but i still am not satisfied. I can communicate with people and that truly is all that matters because i can fulfill my purpose but also I know I can learn more and progress even more with it. So i'll keep working and eventually i can be satisfied with myself:) I'm sure it wont come though on the mission and probably not even after as i study it at college haha
Also really quick i did ask president Anderson about baseball. He didn't give me much of an anwser but by all means he was COMPLETELY understanding and open with it all. He wants us to be sure that we are leaving opportunities open when we get home. He thinks it's great that i have a scholarship and want to accomplish great things with that talent god has given me. I told him the situation and he said we will just have to see what happens as time gets closer but if you only have to leave like a week or so earlier then transfers the i'm okay with that. I was so confused because he told everyone else they couldn't do that haha like Elder Hunter. It was weird so i was SUPER SUPRISED when he told me that. So as of now from what i understand i will be able to come home when i need to:) It doesn't matter if its half way through the transfer he said he'll make it work!! That was exciting to hear!
Anyways i love all of you and hope you are all staying dry as here in florida it has been kinda hard for that as well haha love you all and hope the blessings and miracles continue forward in your behalfs :)
Love ELDER OVARD
Elder Ovard, Novelty, and Elder Millett
No comments:
Post a Comment