Monday, January 28, 2013

Adios Elder Diaz

Well fam!!! DIAZ IS OUT AND ELDER OVARD STAYS IN MIAMI
hahaha How is everyone?? So tomorrow I will head up to FT Lauderdale to get my new companion. I am super sad to see Elder Diaz go though haha you guys just don't understand how funny that kid is sometimes!! Man I'll miss him. I love him he's taught me so so much!! So yes i'll get a new comp but i wont be able to tell you guys about him until monday!!
Sounds like you all have so much stuff going on. Unfortunately I don't have much time to write today because I had to do some stuff for the mission on the comp but it's okay. Sounds like everyone and everything has been changing but mom haha still just the same working with the homes. Brandon Lyon is coming to Miami??? Tell him to come visit me hahaha seriously we can teach him. We went to the Marlins stadium and let me just say how amazing it was!!! WOW!!! we saw some players out on the field playing catch. It was super cool. I have a lot of pictures that i will have to send you guys! I want to send blake something for his bday! I'll send it but it might be late! We'll see. At the Marlins stadium we saw like the clubhouse VIP suits haha and so so much. It was awesome. Worth my 10 bucks thats for sure!
The work is finally picking up again!! haha It was rough for Elder Diaz and I these past 2 weeks but I had an amazing experience happen. My testimony for fasting and prayer has really really changed this week. At the beginning of the month Elder Diaz and i didn't fast because we had a bunch of parties and things that we had to do that involved food. So we decided lets wait until next sunday. So we did. BAD DECISION. no success at all. We were doing exactly the same things that we did when we had success haha so we were really frustrated. Well I started my fast on saturday at 1. Fasted fasted well it was about 6 oclock and night and we found a family. They were super cool and really interested in talking with us and learning more about christ. so we got a return apt. 10 minutes later we knock on another door. FAMILY. They were the same way. Wanted more happiness and really just had the desire. Well 10 minutes later we get a text. It's from BYU referral center. It's a name for us. A lady named lore that visited fam in UT and went to temple square. So we called it. Got another apt. She is super super solid. So cool. She also has a 10 yr old son. So just like that we were having so much so much success and so many awesome people came to us through the work of god! Well sunday rolled around and at 2 oclock i still didn't want to break my fast haha I wanted to go longer and longer :) So fasting is really something God gives us to help us succeed. Sometimes it's hard but always remember what christ has to do for us. It was much much harder. I love you all and i'll write you guys today. Love you HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!! I'll try and get something sent out to ya!! Keep searching for that ring for Graci hahaha later!!! DAD i love you and am super super proud of you for going back to school. It will open up oportunities in the future!!
Love ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment