okay okay just want to start with... your guys week was good and interesting and full of suprises... but MINE WAS BETTER!!!!!!!!! hahahah so so so exciting!! But I would like to begin with you guys first.
McCall!!!! YES!!!! thats so exciting! The Lord has sent you there because he has people there for you. I promise you that. It's kinda weird thinking about but once you get there you'll understand haha SO SO cool though.. oh and p.s. enjoy the cold hahaha JK JK ok rude!!!
PAIGE!!!! TLANG last words I heard from you before I left were... "oh don't worry i will wait for you to get home before I have a kid.. no worries.. I might be pregnant but that's it.." WHAT THE HECK BROOO!!! hahaha That's so so excited though. Really though I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to have another baby boy born into the family on Sept. 24!! All I have to say if he is born on that date you two are two lucky parents because he's going to be the best prettiest little guy every ;) hahahaha wow I got some jokes today. Just shows you how good my week was ;)
DAD!!! Next time you see Corless you'll have to get me his address haha i've been wanting to write him! That's cool the Utah coaches all said hi. Who knows what were going to do with them... hmmm maybe ill send em a Book of Mormon and say if you want me after the mish you gotta read this first haha jk That's cool though. I remember last year ditching some classes and watching em practice and stuff! The question is Could SLCC beat them this year?? It'll be interesting to see how they all do. I'll write you about more stories!! hahaha
AYNS!!! No correo electonico de ud este semana?? WAZZUP haha how you been? sounds like all the friends are leavin huh!! WOW it's crazy it feels like just yesterday i was up to Annie's opening my call.
BWEEZ!!! Keep hittin up the jazz games man. haha save up for me some season tickets for when i get home as well! It'll be sick ;) What happened with Graci? or however you spell it? haha you better get going man. I already told you what ring to get!! No need to keep ring shopping hahaha Keep having fun bro! I'm sure all the ladies are wanting to hang with Timmy singing his heart away!!
MOM!!! Thanks for the email and for the article about praying with faith! It's super important and sometimes here in the mish it gets a lil hard where you say a prayer for everything haha but it's so so good. Also thanks for talking with Ben smith and for keeping me updated with everything! But okay now it's time to talk about my week :)
So first off it was a bomb week!!! Lots of success! Elder Dean and I are really working hard and doing everything we can to accomplish our goals. This next month 8 Baptisms is our goal. We both know we can do it but it'll take hard hard work. It was awesome week though. Met some sweet sweet people. Honestly it was probably the best week of my mission when it comes to numbers and baptisms and everything!! So onto baptism: :) :)
So I wanna tell you guys about LORE AND LAZARO!! first of all we baptized them yesterday but more importantly I love them and They changed my mission. IDK why but the spirit through them has definitely touched me and changed me. So if you remember Lore and Lazaro were the ones that have the bro in UT that is a member and they wanna go there and live here in like a couple years. So that is how we met them. They visited temple square when visiting their brother and then the missionaries there sent us to her. We met her and began teaching. But I wanna focus on Yesterday. The baptism. It was awesome. It turned out that I was going to baptize Lore and Elder Dean with Lazaro. So Lore and I were at the stairs of the baptismal font as we watched her son and Elder dean walk into the water. They were both super excited. Lazaro 9yr old looked at me as we were waiting for the baptism the actual ordinance to take place and he said. "I'm so excited I gotta fart!!!!" hahahahha oh man it was so hard to keep my laugh in hahahaha but ok. So Lore and I watched as they walked down into the water. We both began to smile. That's when the spirit really kicked in. I looked at her as she just began to weep. She was filled with joy and tears as her boy was making this step this decision in his life. I couldn't help but begin to tear up as well. Her little boy being baptized just made her so happy. I started to tear up because the previous week idk how many times Lazaro told me I was his BFF and his bro from another mother haha but As I watched him being baptized and listened to his mom cry a feeling took over me. The spirit said to me.. Look at this family. A mom that's 25 and a 9 yr old kid that is just always so happy. I began to think of Lazaro and how he doesn't have a father. How his mom had him when she was like a senior in high school. I thought of him and how he doesn't have that role model. That person to look up to and to play with. His mom works at a hair salon and goes to school. She is amazing. She does everything for him and takes such good care of him. Raising him right and to do that here in Miami is pretty special. Well as I watched this baptism I was taken away by the spirit as if The past 2 weeks we've been with this family. I have been as a father to Lazaro. The spirit told me that he needs me. He needs us in his life. To help him to play with him, just to be that example. When I felt that. I was done that's when i teared up. It was awesome. It made me think of what it's going to be like when i'm a father and i'm the one taking my son into these same waters. It was a feeling of joy and happiness that I just can't even describe. I loved it and I know that's why i'm here in the mission. To bring that feeling to more people like LORE AND LAZARO!! I will always have a special special place in my heart for them. Also in a year and a half like I said they wanna move to UT. Guess what school Lore is probably going to go to... SLCC hey small world right?? hahaha wow that'd be weird. But i hope they move there. I will be able to see Lazaro to take him to play ball. He loves baseball ;) haha wow like it was just amazing. I'm sure reading this it's super confusing but just understand how blessed I truly am. I have a father. A loving father that has lead and helped me. Oh I love this work. I love you guys so so much! Have an awesome week.
ELDER OVARD
So this is the famous Lore and Lazaro Yeira that I always talk about. This was right before their baptism. Right before Lazaro said, "I'm so excited I need to fart." hahaha I LOVE THEM!!!
Elder Dean and Elder Ovard
I received this letter from Elder Dean's mom. I thought it was so sweet of her to work so hard to find us. Thank you Sister Dean. I told her that I was grateful for Elder Dean as well. I had been praying for Elder Ovard to learn the language and he said that Elder Dean was really helping him with the language. Two mom's had their prayers answered. The Lord does listen to our prayers.
Dear Heather,
I believe our sons are companions in Miami right now! My son is Elder John Dean and will be returning from Florida next month. I didn't think you had joined missionary moms so I looked for a blog on your son but I see you have protected it with a log in. I did see what I think was your daughter's blog so I sent her a short email asking her to tell your family thank you for raising such an amazing young man. Then I did a search in my missionary mom email folder and found you.
I just wanted to thank you for raising an amazing young man. My son loves him! We prayed this transfer would bring an amazing companion that would keep John focused and busy and the Lord has answered our prayers. The past two emails from John have had great things about your son and his testimony in them. I just want you to know he is doing well and loved by the members and his companion. He is making a difference! It always lifts me to know that especially when we miss them so much.
Have a great day!
Sister Nancy Dean
Syracuse, Utah
ELDER OVARD
So this is the famous Lore and Lazaro Yeira that I always talk about. This was right before their baptism. Right before Lazaro said, "I'm so excited I need to fart." hahaha I LOVE THEM!!!
Elder Dean and Elder Ovard
I received this letter from Elder Dean's mom. I thought it was so sweet of her to work so hard to find us. Thank you Sister Dean. I told her that I was grateful for Elder Dean as well. I had been praying for Elder Ovard to learn the language and he said that Elder Dean was really helping him with the language. Two mom's had their prayers answered. The Lord does listen to our prayers.
Dear Heather,
I believe our sons are companions in Miami right now! My son is Elder John Dean and will be returning from Florida next month. I didn't think you had joined missionary moms so I looked for a blog on your son but I see you have protected it with a log in. I did see what I think was your daughter's blog so I sent her a short email asking her to tell your family thank you for raising such an amazing young man. Then I did a search in my missionary mom email folder and found you.
I just wanted to thank you for raising an amazing young man. My son loves him! We prayed this transfer would bring an amazing companion that would keep John focused and busy and the Lord has answered our prayers. The past two emails from John have had great things about your son and his testimony in them. I just want you to know he is doing well and loved by the members and his companion. He is making a difference! It always lifts me to know that especially when we miss them so much.
Have a great day!
Sister Nancy Dean
Syracuse, Utah

No comments:
Post a Comment