Monday, January 28, 2013

Christmas Eve! Party Miami Style

Que paso con mi familia en el frio?? hahaha :)
 
Man I love you all! Thanks for the emails once again. I can't wait to talk tomorrow! It's crazy how excited missionaries get. haha And of course their are the missionaries that are nervous... IDK WHY but oh well haha. So all the details for calliing! Tomorrow we will Skype. Our bishop is letting us go over to his house for lunch and stuff then after he'll let us use his computers. So we are headed over there at like 12. So 10 for you guys. Honestly if I had to guess I will probably be skyping you all around 1-2 my time. So anywhere between 11-12 for yal. haha that make sense? Worst comes to worst I'll call first it's not a big deal. Then I have been thinking. How do you all want to do it? I was thinking at first we can just all talk and skype together then we can break off and talk seperately. IDK lemme know what yal wanna do.
So my white christmas is where it's at! It's the bomb. Lots of food.. Parties... Crazy latinos haha and so much more here in miami. It has been a little hard to find investigators at the moment. I think it's just because of the time of year and stuff. But Elder Diaz and I know it's all about our attitude and how we handle ourself will determine out success. It's funny cause Elder Diaz and I will go to church and if someone doesnt come that we were expecting on, then of course were bummed. But there is a Elder in our apartment that just kills himself. He has some temper problems sometimes and man we just love to laugh at him haha.
So we did have another baptism this week :) Her name is Ally! She is my favorite. Only like 11 yrs old as well but she is so smart. Like so smart. It was so much fun teaching her. She would try and remember and memorize everything. As a missionary to see that it's pretty amazing! Because sometimes you wonder if the people your teaching are even listening hahaha. So I have a picture of her so I'll send it.
I have been using the camera I got last christmas now because it has the usb thing connected to it. Lets just say I have got a little creative with that thing. Sometimes I put it in my front pocket in my shirt and video us leaving a blessing with people at their homes haha ;) It's so much fun. I put like a picture of Christ of the camera so people cant see it but then i poked a lil hole where the lense is at! Yes brilliant right :) Every night Elder Diaz and I lay in my bed and watch our harvesting haha we actually truly learn so much from it. I have one in english i'll try and send you all she was super cool and super nice.
Also this week was cool. We blessed one guy that had said he had really been praying hard to know which church he should go to and what he needed to do for his kids to help them succeed in his life. He said somehow magically we just appeared and god was looking out for him. It was so cool. We have a return appointment with him sometime this week and i'm super excited! People that are prepared and want to change are so much fun to meet and talk with. But others that are sitting there with a beer in their hand is a whole different story!!
We had a chirstmas party at our church on Friday and hahaha man Latinos are crazy man. Really though. I love it though because their always so hyper and happy.
Well alright I'll send this for now and try and send yal a quick email personally! Love ya Talk to ya tomorrow :) lemme know quick if you have any questions!
 
ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment