Monday, January 28, 2013

Harry Potter, Superman, No It's Elder Dean!

Family!!!!!
Another week down and I'm loving it!! My dream came true I am finally going to be able to do some killing on my mission hahaha ;) no animals unfortunately. So I will be killing my new companion. This is his last area.. his last 5 weeks in the mission! His name is Elder Dean. He is from Ogden UT. Everyone thinks he looks like harry potter and superman haha weird combo right!! But he is so awesome I love him already and were finding success through hard work and faith. Elder Dean supposedly doesn't have the best reputation with other missionaries haha he had a comp of two that I guess were a lil lazy and he figured since they were he could be. So some missionaries know him as a lazy kid but there was no way he was going to be that way with me! People were telling me stay on him be the example. Well so far i have loved him and we have worked super hard. I like being the one that stays in the same area because I know where i am how to get around and what needs to be done. It was so much different this week. I didn't have Elder Diaz so I was the one that had to do everything. Call people. Talk in Spanish. Lead lessons haha all that fun stuff. To be honest... I loved it. The week really cruised. We found and taught some awesome people! Elder Dean knows Spanish really good and he has been helping me with it. I know it'll come it's all about time.
So really quick. NO i'm not getting on fb. I'm not stupid haha but sometimes fb is weird and likes stuff on it's own or else someone has hacked my fb. No one knows my password. If it keeps happening this week we'll just have to delete it that's fine. Instagram was hilarious haha that fam came right up to me at church and said look look at what your mom said hahaha Every member around here knows me as the "Chill missionary" haha and that's not that I don't work but that I'm always joking around and i'm not as serious and strict as some of the other missionaries. I love it. I'm not changing the person I am haha only bettering it through the gospel and through helping others!!
So this week elder Dean and I have 3 baptisms ;) I'm super super excited. Lore and her 10 yr old son Lazaro are the best. Straight up. we went to the park with them yesterday and played baseball football and soccer with the little boy. He loves us so much. Lore was the one that visited Utah and wants to move there and stuff. She really has a desire to change her life and so were helping her do exactly that. The only problem we have is Elder Dean thinks she's cute.... Uh oh!!!!!!!!! haha i'll have to separate and be in the middle of those two ;)
Really the work and success is going super good right now. We found a different little fam last night that we taught and the mom is for sure planning on baptism here in 2 weeks. She said, "what I was already baptized? but I want to baptize my kids." We explained to her agency and being baptized at 8 yrs old or later when were adults and why that agency is so important. We told her about that and she called her mom and said mom were going to baptized again because we need to be 8 yrs old haha and the mom said OK WHEN WE GOING hahaha Really like the work is great. So so much fun. I'm loving it. Definitely loving Miami! It's the best place in the world for missionary work :) and guess what. Where i am killing elder dean this next transfer and he is going home that means he cant stay here in Miami... so i'll probably be here in this same area another transfer :) that would be 4 transfers here in Miami!!! basically 1/4 of my mission almost 6 months ;) yayayaya haha i'm pumped.
So Friday it was super funny. We taught a lesson went outside to our bikes and realized Elder Deans bike seat was gone. Someone stole it haha it was so funny! Honestly all we can do is laugh when that stuff happens because it's so bad!
Elder Diaz left and is now in Miami Lakes. I miss that kid so much haha He called me like the first 4 nights we were away from each other just to say goodnight and how much he loved me haha He's the best. I'll be saving up my money to go visit him down in chiapas when i get home. It's funny. Elder Petersen's new comp is actually the other missionary that elder Diaz trained. So here in the mission were considered brothers haha his name is Elder Samuelin. He is from Alpine UT and is super cool. I love him.
Well I love you guys so so much. Glad to hear Bweez b-day was good and everything is going well. TLANG happy bday man!! Love you and remember your lil bro in law that can always beat ya up ;)
Love you all
 
Elder Ovard

This is a picture of the Team Store in the Miami Heat Stadium.  It was so sweet!  I was hard seeing so much sweet stuff but having NO money as a missionary! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment