Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy New Year

Que Paso!!
Well family I just want to start by saying man I love you all and loved talking to you guys!! It was the best. Really it's so much fun and it's completely different talking when your the one gone haha but I have to say talking with the family is a good thing. I felt really bad I didn't talk to you all individually so next time we will have to do that! I loved it though and was super happy the entire time. It helped me realize that wow nothing really has changed haha Its super weird though because here in the mission things are literally changing every single day. Doesnt help being here in miami and seeing the crazy things everyday haha Its what keeps me going ;) Anyways okay I love you all and was super grateful for my wonderful family.
SO THE EXCITING NEWS!!!! Every since I got here our mission has had a goal of 150 baptisms in a month. Well the closest we had came was like 135 or something. So we all put our eyes on the goal and really wanted to achieve it so that it would be our white christmas! WELL WE DID IT!!! This month our mission had 153 baptisms. A lot of hard work from so many missionaries paid off! President Anderson text us all and you could tell just through the text he was proud of us and really believes he has the best missionaries in the world! That is one thing I love about him. He is always giving us the credit. He hates it when we say how good he is and stuff. I just can't wait till I see him up on that pulpit and stand at General Conference because i know it's going to happen ;) He's a stud man.
Elder Diaz and I contributed 3 baptisms to that 153 this month. We ended up having one more this last sunday. His name was Carlos. He was the one that was like living homeless and we had to help him find a house and job and stuff. Remember? I kinda told you about them through skype. I left that gift card with the kid. Ya that was them. He had been prepared by the Lord and had prayed about baptism multiple times. His face when he came up out of that water was amazing. You can just tell how grateful he was for us missionaries and for us giving our time to him. I had a feeling come over me of gratitude. He had no money no place to live but he was still the happiest man in the world after coming up out of that water. It was super cool.
Also, remember manuel??? the 21 yr old kid that loves me and elder diaz. We played bball with him and stuff. Well we were teaching manuel and his bro and sis but slowly his bro and sis began to show no interest. SO we continued with Manuel for a couple weeks and he just progressed and progressed but it came time that we had to pass him on to the sisters. YSA ward because thats their responsibility. Young single adults. So we passed him but as friends we still stop by every couple of days and talk to him maybe teach him a lil something something. haha we have to keep seeing him he loves us. He calls me everynight. And yes it's in spanish so it's a lil rough haha. BUT anyways the first lesson the teachers taught with him he said.. I love the elders and i wanna be like them. I want to be baptized!!! It was awesome. Just by being an example and showing our frienship and love to him he has had a change of heart and a desire to do good in his life. So we are planning a baptism for him with the sisters haha we needa do it here in the next 2 weeks so Elder Diaz will be here. Because this transfer.. Elder Diaz is probably leaving!
Also This week I was with Elder Beer in killian. Or Kendal i guess is the name of the city. Anyways I was on a 2 day exchange with him. He's one of our zone leaders. Anyways we were riding our bikes and totally witnessed a car accident. Like it was crazy. So a car was like trying to do a u turn and didn't see the other car and hit the side of the one car and launched it into a palm tree that was like 10 ft off of the road. ( idk if that made sense but idk how to explain it) Anyways Elder Beer and I were literally 15 ft from the whole thing. We thought the dude was dead. We ran over to see if they were both okay. It was right next to the golf course and people from there ran over and ughh it was a big mess. Anyways we saw both drivers and luckily they were both okay. IDK but they were. If i had to guess both cars were probably totalled. Like it was bad. They were both okay and we called the ambulance and stuff. The one guy was bleeding and stuff but he got out of his car and stuff all on his own. It was crazy.. We had to stay and be witnesses and what not. Man it was insane.
So New Year in miami and just like christmas haha Awesome!!!  A lot of parties and people having fun! Makes it interesting for us! But yes I love it.
This week I saw people playing baseball in the Marlins stadium. They had on like All star jerseys it looked like. I think it was teams getting ready for the World Baseball Classic. haha is it there or what?? I need one of you guys to look it up for me and if theres a game on the monday tell me!!! really!!! haha we all wanna go. But ya I saw them for a little while and they all looked super super good. Like pro's but i could tell. I was only looking through glass and stuff.
Well I love you all and hope you have a wonderful New Years and had a wonderful Christmas!! I love  you and hope all is good back home.
Mom I have my Driving Record so no worries. I just printed it out for 9 bucks so I will be driving before we know it :) kinda scary after seeing that accident haha jk I'll be safe. Love you all later!!
ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment