FAMILIA!!!!
Howdy Friends!!!! Easter weekend is now over and what a blast it was!! An easter i will ALWAYS remember and one that will go down in the books for sure :) This past week was the busiest week of my life.. #NOJOKE
Tuesday-no pday pick up new missionaries, orientate them, take them to place book of mormons, take them and luggage to hotels, etc... Also finishing preparing all the info for transfers.
Wednesday- Pick up new missioanries and take them to transfer meetings. Prepare transfer info. Prepare computer projector, etc.... Later on. Drive all the luggage of missionaries going home to the hotel. Then we pick them up and take them to hotel
Thursday- Meeting with president, start planning for Elder Cook, etc...
Friday- We picked up Elder Millett from the Airport :) He came back. He got his health figured out and now he is back. It was soooo fun picking him up! We took him to dinner then had to do some emergency transfers and figure that all out.
Saturday- Taking investigators to the last day of the temple open house, Mission Conference with Elder Cook, Bishop Stevenson, Elder Kopishcke and Elder Thompson. Set up for that and keep all missioanries under control.
Sunday- Stake Conference for the Ft Laud stake. Then Baptisms afterwards. The Font wasn't working so we used the Swimming pool at President Andersons house ;)
AND NOW HERE I AM :) It is finally Monday!! haha Lets be honest though i feel as though i was here at this computer a few hours ago! I love my life. I love my mission. I love the people of florida. I love new missioanries. I love god!!! This past week was amazing! Being an Assistant is busy but sooo rewarding! To answer your question mom, yes i will be AP until i come home. I will die here in the Nova YSA branch.
So much happened this past week and i don't know where to begin. I don't want to tell you too much about one thing and forget another but hey... i'l'l just get started.
Tuesday- Picking up and taking care of the new missionaries!! It was a blast. There were 14 new ones that came in. We had to take 3 big 15 passenger vans to pick them all up. (lots of luggage) So once again we all had to drive a car alone... It's funny when this happens we get on a 3 way call and drive and talk to each other that way we don't feel alone and away from our companions haha I NEED MY COMPS!!! So we picked them all up then dropped their luggage off at the hotel. We then went to pres andersons house. Sis anderson cook a nice meal and it was delicious!!! Afterwards we trained all the new missioanries for 3 hours. We orientated them. Role played with them, etc.. We made a special powerpoint for them on key indicators and the importance of numbers. Sis Anderson told us after that it was the best presentation she has ever seen given by the APs before. We felt honored and blessed. We were humbled for sure. The we took the missionaries out to go place their first books of mormon. It was fun to see the excitement that each one brought. I couldn't help to think about ayns and how that will be her in 2 months. I'm excited for her.
Wednesday- Transfers were soooo fun! I got to read out once again where everyone was going. It's fun to see the excitement and energy that comes from it all! Also we killed the missionaries going home haha thats always my favorite part because we get to hang out with them all for a minute. Also we get to watch every single one of them HUG president and sister Anderson. Yes the elders get to hug sister anderson and the sisters president. It's always so fun to see their reactions and excitement from that ;)
Friday- Picking up Elder Millett was awesome!!!! He's such a good kid and i was so happy to see him back. We talked a lot as we drove him to his new area! He was excited to be back.
Saturday- Okay on to the even better stuff. Elder Cook was amazing! He talked a lot about hastening the work and also about teaching skills. It was interesting though he started his talk by telling us all how mission calls are made. I thought it was interesting. I can see how and why NOW that it's done by 100 percent revelation. When an apostle is looking at making an assignment they look at a picture of each missionary. Then they take these 3 things into consideration. 1. Mission President 2. The type of people this missionary needs 3. Sometimes they don't know why its pure revelation. (this only happens occasionally. It was interesting to me though the number one thing is MISSION PRESIDENT. It's so true. I needed to be here to work with president anderson. He is amazing and he's a man that has changed my life forever. He will be an apostle haha i can almost promise you!
Elder Cook also talked about the importance of "WHO WE ARE". He stated "who we are is as important as what we teach" I love that! IT's soooooo true. Especially being a leader. Its more important the person i am then what i teach or invite people to do.
Sunday- This is a day i am excited to tell you all about!!! Her name is Chaquita and she was baptized yesterday :) ONiell Harris and I met her harvesting. She was a miracle that we met last saturday night and she came to church sunday morning and now she was baptized yesterday. She loves Christ so much. She wanted to follow christ sooooo bad on easter. Turns out though we didn't know if she could live the law of chastity and also the Word of Wisdom. We wanted to be baptized sooooo bad but yet just didn't know if she could live these commandments. So family im sure you can only guess what we did? we took her to the temple. Saturday morning we took her and told her as she walks through to imagine the cleanliness and purity that she felt, dwelling in her body with her at all times. So just as we invited her to do.. SHE DID! The temple changed her. The temple inspired her. The temple Solidified her for baptism. She knew that she needed to wait to have kids. She knew she needed to stay away from certain substances. She KNEW all these things because of the power of the Holy Ghost and the power of god speaking through his temples!! It was such a great experience to witness her. She was baptized in President Andersons swimming pool. hahaha Yes a swimming pool. IT WAS BOSS!!!! The font at the church was broken and presidents house is just right down from the church so we all packed up our stuff and went down to his place for the baptism! It was so fun to have it there. REally we are some of the very few missionaries that can say we baptized someone in our president swimming pool haha Chaquita though however has changed my life. She's amazing and i love her to death! REally an incredible desire to follow christ. She took friends and family to the temple also and so now we are wokring with them too. We will strengthen them all and help them prepare to enter into Gods house!! The TEMPLE!
Well family i love you a lot!! My prayer for our family this week is that we all gratify god in all things!!! We never take credit for anything. Even if its little. We gratify god! I am grateful for god and for him allowing me to serve as AP in the best mission in the world. Im grateful for my mission president and for the apostles of god assigning me to serve here with him. I'm grateful for the poeple of florida. For their pure sincere hearts that they do have! I'm gratefuly for the testimony of this gospel that i do have. I know it is simple but i know that if i open my mouth and get out of my comfort zone then god will make miracles happen before my eyes :) I love you all and may god be with you!!
ELDER OVARD
p.s. "There is no growth in the comfort zone and there is no comfort in the growth zone!!!" LETS DO IT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment