FAMILIA!!!!
Una semana mas... como uds ya saben.... ya paso en los libros!!
I can't believe the travel of time right now. It's impossible to keep up with! I honestly feel as though i was here telling you stories of Daniel minutes ago haha
HOWEVER life is good and moving forward :) I am glad to hear Devin got home safe and that he is now starting his NEW mission!!! Tell him that i love him and that he's a stud and to wait until i get home to get married ;) hahaha
Also about the test... So unfortunately i was not able to take it. What happened was the test came in and i was going to take it but then we ended up having to go and do some things so i figured i would take it the following week. So the next pday i came here to the office to take the test and guess what.. It was unavailable. My time period i had to take it in was already up. So looks like i'll need to have them send me the test again or at least a new proctor password that way i can get the test done. I will do it on a normal day and not wait until pday if needs be. So if you could plz pass the word to coach wadds and he will have them send the test again i'm sure! So that is that!! Also i was thinking.. if at all possible maybe coach wadd could email me just a paragraph explaining when i will need to be home and the reasoning for it. The dates of school. The day to report for ball.. whatever it may be. That way when i go and talk to president about now going home even earlier he will work with me because he will see that this is my school and my team demanding that i come home a week or so earlier. Really it will just help everything go smoother i believe. It will be like the doctrine in the gospel. haha so if he could do that and get it to me by next week then i will talk to president and all will be well. It wont be a problem. I know it wont be a problem but all this info could help president when he talks to the mission area authority about me going home early. THANKS SO MUCH!!! that make sense?? haha
Okay on to the week!!! Finally housekeeping is over with!! haha
So this past week was amazing! As far as investigators and stuff goes we are working with a guy named Lenard. He is awesome. He came to Institute and also to church this past week. He's preparing to be baptized right now. He does have some commandment issue but HEY nothing that god can't fix :) We will continue to meet with him and help him progress this week. Other then him though that is about it in our area haha we are in the process of finding through members using the influence of the Temple Open House!!!! YSA can be hard to find sometimes but HEY who doesn't want to go to the temple right?? haha
So onto the temple. We still haven't gone yet. We have been busy with exchanges and what not and haven't had much time to set investigators up with times BUT however we are taking Lenard on wednesday :) So I will be going this week. Then also we have some more times set up with members and their friends!! Really it's amazing! The sister missionaries that have been working there always call us up and tell us amazing stories! Stories such as this one: A family walked through temple just admiring not only the structure and the building but also the feeling that they got when they were inside. They mentioned time and time again that they have never felt that good before. Well after walking through the entire House of God they walked out and saw a few sister missionaries. They walked up to the sister missionaries and stated "How can i become a member of this church?" hahaha BOOOOOM!!!!!! So awesome isn't it? The power of god and his holy holy temples!!! It's bringing so much excitement to our mission. Also referrals and people interested are just sky rocketing. We will be knocking doors and people will ask... Hey you guys just built a new church off of I-75 and Griffin Rd. Our response is simply... YES WE DID YOU WANNA GO?? we then give them an invite and they get online and reserve tickets haha its amazing!!! I love that god has entrusted me to be a part of ushering in his temple or his house to southern florida!! What greater joy and blessings it brings into my own life! I love the house of god so much!!
Future events that we are preparing for are tonight we are taking out entire YSA branch to the Sawgrass Mall. One of the biggest malls in the world i think haha and we are going to hand out temple cards and invite people to come with us! It should be a lot of fun! We will train the entire branch then we will go out and do it!
Also this week is Mission Leadership Council. President is basically putting us 3 Assistants in charge for 20 minutes training missionaries on how to react when we get referrals from the temple open house haha so that should be fun! Lots to plan.
Life is good! Life is great! I love it so so much! I look forward to waking up each morning knowing that i have another day to serve god! I see so many miracles. I see many miracles come from exchanges and being with other missionaries! I love my life. I love my mission. I love you all :)
Elder Ovard
No comments:
Post a Comment