Monday, April 21, 2014

Make a Promise with God

WAZZUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sooo excited to email my beautiful family this week!! It's amazing to have the chance each week to read your amazing emails. I love the spirits that each of you give me! It's a sort of a spiritual boost that i get weekly from reading your emails! I really do appreciate your examples and love the you offer not only to me but others as well! I thank you for that! 
As you know we have been preparing for transfers!!! Transfers as an Assistant are completely different then being a ZL haha I say that because last transfer at this time i was tripping.. I wanted to know where i was going, who my companion was going to be, etc..... Now it simply is excitement! I'm excited for all the missionaries in the mission to take on their new journeys and run with them! Accomplish great mighty miracles! ONeill, Harris and I have been busy busy these past few days finalizing plans and preparations. My favorite thing though about transfers is being able to work so so so closely with President Anderson! He trust us so much and that is one thing i love about him! He would rather us throw out ideas and counsel about them rather then just hold back and be scared to share our promptings from the spirit! At first when i became AP i was a little hesitant about my opinion and what i though were promptings. BUT NOW...... I enjoy greatly the gift of the spirit that each Individual person carries! Time after time again this past week we would move missionaries to new areas and what not just because one of us would get a prompting from the spirit! President would then ask questions and after a few questions we would ALL be unified in our thoughts! It was truly awesome to see!
(p.s. Elder Anthony will be well taken care of haha he is transferring but going to have a great companion. He will learn a lot with his new comp and he will get to speak a lot of spanish) haha
Not only getting all that figured out, we also have 16 new missionaries coming in TODAY that we have been preparing for! We are going to pick them up from the airport today at 2:15. I'm excited because it will all bring back my first day in the mission. We will pick them up. Go to the hotel. Drop all the bags off. Then we cruise to presidents house where we eat! Sister Anderson cooks the BEST BEST meals!!!! After that president begins interviewing each missionary one by one. While he is doing that. ONeill, Harris and I will be training the missionaries and giving them an orientation! After that we will take all the missionaries our to place their first BOOK OF MORMONS!!!! haha i still remember sooooo well placing my first book of mormon! IT was amazing! So i'm grateful to have this opportunity to work with these new missionaries :) 
As far as the work goes here in the YSA Branch it's a BLAST!!!! I am truly becoming best friends with like Each Member of the Branch. This past week the entire branch, as well as ALL YSA Branches in Florida, we all got together on saturday and we went to the temple! There were like 500 people in total haha it was insane but fun!!!! We gathered all our Branch together that way we could go through the tour with them. Well our purpose in being at the temple with the Branch was a few days earlier we committed all Branch members to bring friends to the temple. We wanted to find some referrals from it! So long story short basically every member brought a friend. It was amazing. It was almost TOO hard because there were so many people we had to set with return appointments. It was such a blessing though! Who wouldn't accept a return apt after spiritual exp like the temple? I have been a total of 4 times to the temple now and we are looking at going 2 more times this week! We love it so much as do ALL missionaries! 
This past week Elder ONeill, Harris and I worked EXTREMELY hard. In our area we are striving to be example in every key indicator! We worked and worked and needless to say we didn't see much success. YSA at times are hard to get in contact with. All will accept but are they truly repentant is a different story? So we struggled following up with people and really just finding people to teach. We would talk to everyone but yet we were still struggling. SOOOO we made a promise with god on like friday. We told god we would give it our ALL. 110% we would give to him to find some YSA that would come to church. We worked and worked but yet nothing. Friday ended and then saturday came. We worked and worked saturday but still nothing. Towards late late in the night saturday we decided to knock a few more doors. We knocked and gave a blessing to a really cool haitian family. They accepted baptism so we passed them to the family ward. The very next door we knocked was 4 YSA aged kids. They all accepted the prayer and to be baptized. We were soooo grateful. We gave thanks for god and finished our night. WELL family i can tell you that god stuck to his end of the promise. AS WE STUCK TO OURS HE STUCK TO HIS!! We gave him everything and he gave us 2 of these kids that we met saturday night in sacrament meeting the next morning!!!! It was a miracle in itself to see god create great things! I love this work so much! Really nothing is better then bringing souls unto christ!

Family I invite each of you this week to make some sort of promise with god. It can be anything you desire. Create a promise but then create plans to go along side with the promise. Or in other words make plans telling god what you are willing to do to receive this blessing or (promise) from him :) I PROMISE you he will grant you what you desire and you will be strengthened and blessed by his power! I love you all soooo very much family! Thanks for everything!

Elder Ovard

No comments:

Post a Comment