WAZZUPPP FAMILIA!!!!!!
Where to even begin?? haha I loved loved loved every one of your emails this past week! What excitement and energy you all brought to me! I love you all a lot! Aynsley... CONGRATS :) SOOOO exciting! What better place then canada? haha Wow thats so cool! Obviously you wont be here in Ft. Laud BUT i can help you learn the things we do here so you can do them in Canada :) It'll be such a memorable changing experience for you there! I know that God wants you there and I know that you are ready to go! Keep being amazing. Keep preparing and working hard! Your the best :) Please continue to fill me in on things that you learn about your mission and what not! That is an exciting time for sure! Love you and I'm proud of you!!
Onto the Business with SLCC! haha Why are we already talking bout this? I swear time is going by WAY WAY to fast haha and it's only bout to go quicker! Anyways as far as SLCC goes though I shouldn't have a problem taking that test. How well I do on it? thats a different story haha. As long as you get the information to here though then I will be able to take it anytime i'm sure. Probably next monday if at all possible! Elder Singleton did mention something to me about talking to you about it so I knew that it was coming. Crazy all the connection you have when you at the office like everyday for something here and there. SOOO thank you mom for doing that. Please inform me if there is anything more I will need to do. If not I'll get the test taken care of and i should be good to go! DAD, where am i going to live? Well, in all honestly i'm talked a lot with missionary friends and different people about living in a house together or finding an apartment together or something. Obviously i don't know exactly how to go about that where i don't have much communication and what not. So my plans and what i'd like to do is find some friends and different people there at home and room with them. BUT at the same time i understand that i wont have a lot of time so for the first semester it may just be easier telling wad that i'll live in the baseball apartments. IDK what do you think? You think i could get it all figured out quick with my friends and stuff once i get home? Let me know!
Okay enough of that!! MOVING ON TO THE EXCITING STUFF :)
So as many of you have already heard and already know... haha I have been transferred and I have been called to serve as the ASSISTANT to the president. I am an A.P. haha WHAT THE???? I know it's suprising! I am in a trio companionship. I have one comp named Elder Harris (he goes home in may) he's from Idaho Falls and then i also have Elder ONeill (he goes home in July) he's from Moses Lake Washington! Both of them are incredible missionaries! They are soooo good and really are so converted to the work :) I'm so excited to work with them and help our mission to reach our goal of 175 baptisms as a mission!
So on Wednesday after I was called I had to go in front of all the other missionaries and read off their names and tell them where they were Transferring! haha it was crazy!!! Then immediately after that. We had to take the brand new missionaries and train them on harvesting and how we find in this mission. SOOO we did that and lets say I was STILL nervous! Then a day went by. Thursday I had my first meeting with President Anderson. Every Thursday we meet with him and talk about the mission and future events and stuff. It was soooo awesome. President just receives revelation and it's like a light bulb just goes off in his head haha it's sooooo cool. Also in this meeting we had to prepare for MLC. Which is mission leadership council with all the zone leaders. Us as the A.P.s are the ones that do the role plays in front of everyone! SOO we practiced with president and came up with some principles and stuff. It was great but yet i was STILL nervous! So Friday roles around and I do the role plays in front of the MLC. Then after that meeting it was Exchange time. I went down to homestead (sunset) of exchanges with Elder Williamson and Wilson. I watched them. It's called a shadow exchange. BUT funny story. Elder Anthony is living in the same apartment as these elders. SOOOOOOO MY COUSIN AND I HAD A SLEEPOVER IN THE MISSION hahahaa how awesome right? So yes i was able to spend time with him and he's doing great! He asked me lots of questions. Lots in which tried to get answers to secrets in which i can't tell haha but IT WAS COOL! He's doing amazing!
So then Saturday we had a comp study with some of the Sister Trainer Leaders.... Sunday we had a baptism :) His name is Heidegerr. He is haitan and he's a stud. It was so cool. Also the ward I am serving in is a YSA ward :) That exciting. First time in my life going to one of those haha it's a lot of fun though. The member that coach Mills knows his name is Kevin. Kevin and I began talking on Sunday about UT and what school I went to and stuff. I told him and he said i have a friend that coaches baseball there... I said baseball?? I obviously must know who it is haha he then told me Mills and we made the connection. OH and just to let you know i had to give a TALK in sacrament meeting as well on sunday :) hahahaha okay okay enough about my busy life.
As you can see though the life of an Assistant is busy. But Boy oh boy how grateful i am to have this opportunity. My testimony has strengthened soooo much already. I look forward to the future and helping out the FFLM. I know that at first when i was called i was nervous and scared BUT it's just as a baseball game... before the game your nervous and scared but once you get going and get lost in the work/game you forget about yourself and your fears. When we have fear we lack love... In my case i am choosing to Love God and Love the Work to eliminate my fear :) I love you sooo much family and i hope all is well and best of luck and blessings for each of you this upcoming week :)
Love ELDER OVARD
Leaders in the Fort Lauderdale Mission March 9, 2014
No comments:
Post a Comment