Sunday, August 4, 2013

Great District Meeting

WHATS UP!!!!
 
Another weeks already down! I can't believe it! Sounds like you all had one busy BUSY week haha I can say the same here in miami, it was great! God blessed us so much this past week it was amazing! We didn't get any baptisms unfortunately but guess what... We're planning on 2 families and a cuban guy for this sunday haha I want to first talk about this cuban guy! So we met him by knocking on his door. He let us in and we said a prayer. Well turns out he told us that he was 89 years old. You would have never guessed. He's still just a movin around like grizz would. He can still drive and everything! It's unreal. Anyways we met him on friday. We went back and taught him the resto on saturday and he came to church on sunday! It was such a blessing. During our lesson with him on saturday i quoted the first vision to him and he was just basically crying. He said I believe Joseph smith is a prophet and I know the book of mormon is true! BAMMMM what more do we need right! haha it was so awesome! So he came to church on sunday. Dressed in a suit.. nice shoes and a nice hat to top it off! Such a stud. He's super funny and isn't too shy so he talks to everyone. Well we left him in a class by himself because we had to teach gospel principles and guess what? Him and the teacher came outta that class like flirting with each other! We were like WHAT!!!! haha later on after church this sister in the ward came up to us and said... "get him baptized next week... then were getting married" hahahha what the heck!!! It was hilarious! SO SO funny!
We also had our 2 families show up and their both preparing for baptism this sunday. We know that god is blessing us tremendously right now. It's unreal to see what can actually be done when you put your will and desire to gods. Its the best.
Another highlight to the week was district meeting! Never thought as a DL i would look forward to teaching and look forward to preparing lessons. Well... this past week in District Training it was awesome. The AP's showed up. So Elder Gust was there. Sure enough I had planned to share my baseball teams experience last year. I wasn't sharing it though just to share it. It was a lot to do with that paralyzed guy that came and talked to our team after they took away all our wins from us. I related his teaching and the dedication that our team had to the gospel. I'll make it short and sweet for you all but it was like this... 1. VISION. (gates and I after losing my Jr year to spanish. We had set a vision and goals and plans to win state the next year.) 2. DONT BE AFRAID TO ASK. (the paralyzed guy and how he talked to us in secrist room. He put a water bottle up high on the shelf and told someone to reach up and grab it with no legs. no one could do it. So he asked coach secrist to get it for him.) 3. FAITH. (always have faith in your teammates and coaches) 4. TRUST (trust in one another and trust in god to help you accomplish your vision.) 5. NEVERENDING FOLLOW-UP. (the paralized guy was there at every game after that.) So i went through my story relating it to us as missionaries and well... everyone in the room was crying afterwards. The spirit was so strong and I was so grateful that god helped me relay the message that i had planned. Afterwards i had a comp study with the APs and they told me how amazing District Training was. They told me it was the best they've ever been to. Then when i was alone with them they said watch out here comes the new AP haha i had to fight against that one! It was awesome though. I felt like I was accomplishing what god wants me to accomplish and because i helped the district god helped me with these people preparing for baptism. I felt so grateful to have god on my side. I realized there are so many things, so many experiences in my life that i can learn from and strengthen in the gospel.
More good news,... guess what??? ELDER HUNTER AND I ARE GOING ON AN EXCHANGE THIS WEEK!!! haha YESS!!!! just like good old MTC times! It's going to be awesome!! I love that kid.
As far and shirts and stuff go.. I wouldn't worry about sending any yet. I still haven't tried on the ones that grandma condie sent. This are awesome and she sent a super cool tie! i'll wear them their just so nice and white i don't wanna open them yet haha she's the best and i'm grateful for her sending them. I know they'll be perfect!
I'm bummed to hear grandpa is selling the cabin. Tell him to keep it around and i'll come home and make some money and buy it from him haha i will miss that cabin. I lived up there with my buddies!
Also I can't believe all the excitement in SC with sports haha MVP MVP haha The gates huh! That'll be so awesome. 2 of them just being studs in the world of sports!! Sound like my heat needa step it up huh ahhhh i hope they win. They've been in the prayers for elder white and i the past few days haha
Anyways I better get emailing president. I love you all so very much! Keep up the good work with everything and thanks so much once again for the love support and letters that i always get from you guys! Love ya Lemme know if theres anything i can do to help!!
Love ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment