Sunday, August 4, 2013

Not Much Longer in Miami

BOY BOY BOY i'm so excited to write you all this week!!!!!
 
Thanks for the EMAILS!!! I think the baby is slowin paige up a lil bit but it's all good ;) When is it due again i forgot? I'm telling you remembering things about back home is just impossible in the mission. Also you better name him after me.. aight.. be creative ;)
 
So what a week for ELDER WHITE and I. Can you believe we only have like 2 1/2 weeks left together. We are about it die haha it's so sad. I have definately got along with him as if he were my bff in utah. He's a stud and we love the same stuff but at the same time we understand our purpose here in miami and that is to BAPTIZE! speaking of baptism we didn't get any  this past week. The little girl jackie that we were planning on.. well her mom doesn't think she is ready. She thinks in order to be baptized she needs to be older. Remember her mom isn't a member either so were doing our best with the both of them. BUTTTTT good news.. After jackie told us she wanted to wait a lil bit Elder white and I began to talk. We came to the conclusion that it's not going to do us anything if we get discouraged or mad a lil bit. SO why don't we continue to have a good attitude and work hard. Well thats what we did and guess what. We met a guy named JUAN. We knocked on his door on wednesday and he came to church yesterday. In every class we went to he said.. "My names Juan, I met these missionaries a few days ago and i am going to be baptized next sunday!" haha It was awesome! He has his vision he can see where he needs to go and where god wants him to go. He is amazing. Funny thing is that he lives right on the corner next to the marlins stadium. For close to a month now everytime we've passed his house i had a feeling that we should go knock there. Everytime we would park the bikes, planning on going and harvesting there BUT something would always happen. Whether it's we got a phone call or we met someone else and walked to their house with them... whatever it was that happened we never knock this apartment. So finally on wednesday this past month we went and knocked this apartment building. Well turns out he just barely got out of the Hospital. He had a heart attack not too long ago and hasn't been home forever. So if we would have knocked that apartment any earlier, we probably would have missed him. Here we have like a 60 year old man that had been prepared by god in gods OWN TIME! God was able to use us as well as other people to direct and guide us to JUAN this beautiful wednesday afternoon. I just think what would have happened if we would've knocked this apartment building weeks earlier. What would have happened? Would we have found Juan? I don't know but I do know that GOD is carrying out this work and he blesses us when we do HIS will. So here we have Juan and Rane that are both preparing to be baptized this sunday. I have never felt more confident in solid baptisms then I do these two. Their both amazing and well WELL prepared by god!!
 
Everyone is saying i might not last much longer here. IDK why haha but we'll see. I sure have loved it. It's been amazing. Really truly has because i've been able to identify gifts and abilities that god has given me. I also have been able to identify and actually visualize these gifts in my patriarchal blessing. Then i've also been able to see the gifts that others have and understand what i need to do or study to acquire these gifts. I encourage each of you to read your P.B. look for these gifts or talents that god has given each of YOU! Through out this next week apply them and remember the gifts god has given you. Do everything you can to strengthen and make better these gifts. I promise you if you do god will bless you and he'll make your weaker gifts become strong!! Just like the scripture says haha
 
Now onto the heat!!!! DANG THEY BETTER WAKE UP haha I sure hope they win. Elder white and I keep talking about the parade. It's be so awesome to be here for it but we understand how blessed we've already been up until this point. It was so fun last week. To be down to the stadium with the finals going on. There is a sweet SWEET jersey there at the stadium. It's a HEAT BASEBALL JERSEY with james number 6 on the back haha it's 60 bucks though. Lets just say i ALMOST ALMOST whipped out some more of that santa clara first ward money haha i didn't though but it's still a temptation thats for sure. It was so awesome!!!!
 
Did you all like the new hairstyle in like every pic i sent home? haha it changes a lot i know but i like to mix things up here in the mish :) I'm glad dad sent that pic up to wad haha thats funny!
 
Anyways I better get to emailing president! Lil more responsiblity now with the same 1 hour time limit hah alove you all and keep being the amazing children of god you all are!!! YES MOM AND DAD your both children still haha love you PEACE
 
ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment