Sunday, August 4, 2013

Devin Anthony going to Ft. Lauderdale Florida Mission

Familia!!!

WAZZUP... IM SO STOKED FOR THE TEAM haha thats so awesome!!! I'm not going to lie when i saw the picture and realized they DID IT i was super suprised!! I'm so glad they pulled it off though and really finished things off right! I was basically crying when i saw the jersey of KJ. I think its so awesome how they did that for him. He truly was a part of that team. I can only imagine how hard that must of been though for his family! I sure hope they will be able to cope with all the excitement and stuff the next few weeks. I love that family so much and know that their amazing! I'm glad you were all able to make it up for the game and watch it! Hopefully you all thought of me ;) jk! Just tell me this.. Was it as good a game and last year when we won? haha Dang i can't believe it! I'm so happy DH's lost though they are always the worst fans. 
As of MIAMI!!! It's been awesome and is about to get even more awesome with ELDER ANTHONY hahaha WOW!!! i can't believe that. He is going to bring some life, character to the mission that is for sure! I'm super excited though! Were going to have all of snow canyon high here in FLORIDA here soon. Dang. Sister rogers comes in tomorrow and then Devin in a few months haha who's next?? That made me super excited though to see another one from the amazing gubler family coming here to FL. I'll be looking out for him thats for sure. Maybe president will even have me train him ;) haha I think it's awesome he gets to go to mexico to learn spanish then come here. That would have been awesome. I wish i would've got that treatment. :)
The work is awesome!! We went on an exchange with Elder Plowman one of the AP's this past week and it was amazing. We talked about setting visions and then through if then statements relying on the lord and trusting in him to help us accomplish our vision. It was awesome! Our vision was to find someone in the hour we had that was going to come to church the next day then prepare for baptized the following week. So we did that then took it up in prayer and told they lord, IF we do these things THEN will you bless us and help us find this soul that will come to church with one days notice and then be baptized. WELL FAMILY GUESS WHAT!!!! we found a FAMILY. The mom is from honduras and all of her family are members. She's the only one that isn't a member. She misses the church and wants to go. She told us her husband needs it as well and the kids need to learn about christ as well. So at church we had all 7 members of this big family at church. They are amazing. 5 of them are baptism age. We are going to work with them this week and try and put forth other visions to help them into the waters of baptism this sunday. It'll be an 8 day FAMILY baptism. We are super excited to work with them. Their amazing! 
Also we did end up moving into the house. Thursday was the day. The first day in my mission where I never put church clothes on. haha all day we were in shorts and a tshirt. We got everything moved in and now were settled down and loving it! It's awesome. I love the house. I miss calle ocho and the view of the city but... the new sisters coming in will get that i guess! I'll take some pictures though and send them to you all.
Elder white is awesome I love him haha we have had so much fun together! I never thought i was going to love anyone more then my father Elder diaz (who goes home tomorrow by the way :(  ) but i think my son is right up there with him. He's the best. We have so much fun togetrher. We get along so well and just are excited to work hard. He's the best. This week we are looking ahead and showing our faith to baptize 5 children of god! I'm so excited. 
Sorry was a late email today. All the internet at the libraries are down so were here at the church and all 4 of us elders are emailing on one computer so we are making them short and sweet and i just happen to be the last one to email haha
I love you all though and am so grateful for your testimonies in this gospel and for the example that you all have shown me in my life. Mom for the friend letter thing you'll probably just have to copy and paste stuff. I'll try and send a letter but we'll see. i don't think it'll get there in time. Tell maynerd to have a fun time partyin and then be ready to party with the mexicans haha i'm happy for him to get out! I love you all and i promise next week will be a better email. Peace

ELDER OVARD

No comments:

Post a Comment