FAMILY!!
Here we are at it another week!! I Can't believe it once again!!
1. my shirt size will be a 15 1/2 still. I like that size the best! I can fit into them no worries. I will probably need around 5-7 or so i think. That will last me the rest of my mission hopefully!
2. I still do my best to write in my journal as well. It just is soooo cool in the recorder haha no worries i'll do both. I will buy that memory card and save everything onto that so it'll be safe!
Sounds like each one of you are doing awesome!! Each of you are having amazing things happen in your lives. This past week was a great one! Elder thompson and I had a lot of success finding new families! We worked so hard. Something really cool that happened was saturday we went to all our investigators homes to remind them about church. We then also called them saturday night to remind them. Then once again on sunday when we woke up we called them. We worked so so hard. As we did all this one by one our investigators had things come up. Such as emergencies, sicknesses, vaction.... whatever it was all of them said they couldn't come except for 1. We didn't know what to do. We needed to get more people to church so that we would have more people to work with and help progress towards baptism. So we truly did do EVERYTHING in our power it felt like! So we trusted in god! We got to church and our one investigator showed up.... we then waited and waited. Sacrament rolled around and right as the young man said amen a family walked in. Elder thompson and i look at each other were like WHOS THAT?? neither one of us knew them. so axiously we sat and watched this family of 4 all through sacrament meeting. Right after the meeting got over we ran up to them and introduced ourselves. They weren't members!!!! YESSSSSS haha their mom who was a member was visiting our church from New York and she brought her daughter and her family along with her to church.Her daughter and this family lives here in homestead. We talked with this family for a lil while. They mentioned oh yeah we saw you guys get up and bare your testimonies haha we were like yes that was us!!! haha anyways we hit it off immediately with this beautiful family! We were so so so grateful! God blessed us with this beautiful family! It was just amazing to see god take over and perform once again an amazing miracle right before our eyes!!
Also earlier in the week i was able to interview 3 people for the other elders in our district. I interviewed a mom and her two kids. The moms name was katina. She is amazing!! As I was interviewing her she began to like explain her story and why she wanted to be baptized. As she was sharing her story with me i got the impression or prompting from god to relate her story to Joseph smith! She told me about how as she is trying to do whats right everything else in her life is getting tougher. She said after she meets with the missionaries and feels of the spirit.... later on that same day the devil will take over and try and attack her. I told her about joseph smith and his first vision. How the devil came upon him and did everything possible to keep him from seeing god the father and his son Jesus christ. As I explained all this she looked at me straight in the eyes and said.... THATS ME... I am joseph smith. I experienced all of that just as he did. Once again it was so awesome to see god work through me. She went on to passing the interview and being baptized. Her kids dropped out at the last minute but they'll be baptized this upcoming week. It was such a cool experience though to interview her and see the testimony that she already has!!
Everything here for me in homestead is going well. Next week are transfers ALREADY!!! it's crazy. So i'll email once again on tuesday and i'll be able to let you know if i'm transfering or staying. It was so funny this past week i met this black girl. one of A LOT here in homestead haha but anyways i asked her if it was possible for a white guy like me to have dreds in my hair. she laughed and laughed and couldn't believe it. She said honey if you do that i will be all over you i'd marry you soooo fast!!! hahaha ahhhhhhh i then realized that i will never ask that question to a black girl again hahaha it was funny though!!! The black people are so dang funny! The latins obviously just make my life though! Thats once thing i love about homestead they literally are from everywhere!!
Anyways thats about it for me i love you all and hope all is going well! Let me know if you need anything! I pray for each of you everyday!
Love ELDER OVARD
No comments:
Post a Comment