Well whats up family!!!!
SO HERES THE BIG NEWS FROM HERE IN HOMESTEAD!!!!!!
ELDER THOMPSON............. TRANSFERS
ELDER "OVARD......... STAYS.........................................AND.......................................TRAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
What the heck???????? hahahahhaha i can't believe it!!! God wants me to train another one of his new beginning missionaries!! I'm so dang excited!! I will find out who he is tomorrow at transfer meeting haha so we'll see. I am praying and hoping like crazy that it is a Latin. I think it would be so much fun to train a Latin. We could just tear it up. Latins are hard workers and thats what i want. I am going to miss Elder Thompson so dang much. He's got a girlfriend that can be a lil hard for him sometimes but he's awesome. He knows his purpose. Anyways. It makes me happy to know the trust that god is giving me once again. I'm excited to train and get another baby boy!! I will have 2 kids in the mission already haha most people don't train twice. The people that do.... well they've told me a few things haha they say, " you never get 2 sons that you enjoy, prepare for a rough one" haha they say that because elder white and I got along so well. They don't thing my next son will be as fun BUT to be honest i'm not worried at all. I know God will give me who he wants me to have. I haven't had a problem with any companion yet and i know it's because of the attitude that i have towards them. If I love, serve, and help them all the problems wiill be resolved so i have no need to worry!! Im super excited though to go up to transfer meeting and see all the former comps. I love them all.
This past week was cool though! Thanks for sending me a package i should get it tomorrow! We had a few amazing things happen this past week. One of our desires that we have been focusing on is getting members involved with like every lesson and allowing the members to invite the investigators to keep commitments. It's been awesome. This past week we had a different family come to church. They were named Novelty and Teresa. Both Spanish from Columbia. The other family that god blessed us with. We are still working with them and they should be baptized next saturday:) anywyas. Novelty and teresa came to church. Novelty lacks faith. He doesn't believe much in like the power that god has. He knows he is there, but he doesn't believe in like god anwsering his prayers and stuff. SOOOO we took a member over. Bro Stancliff who is actually from like provo area. We prepared bro stancliff before we went in and taught the lesson. We told Brother Stancliff that we wanted him to invited novelty to pray about baptism and to pray to know if the church of jesus christ is the true church. So it was a really really spiritual lesson and bro stancliff invited novelty to pray. Well a miracle happened. A day later Novelty called us and said Elders you will not believe it. I am here at work and i got a call to go and change someones lock to their house. Well they misinformed me and the job that they want me to do is a 2 man job but i was the only one there. So i tried and tried to change this lock. I had a crow bar in the truck and even used that. I tried for an hour to change this long and i couldn't do it. After being depressed and mad about them misinforming me i decided to do just as the member asked. I decided to offer up a quick prayer telling god to help me because these clients would be mad if i didn't get the job done that day. So he offered up a prayer to god. Well right after the prayer Novelty told us that he heard a voice that said... Try using your hand...... Novelty ignored it. The voice again said .... Try using your hand.... so Novelty thought that is a weird idea but ill try it. WELL family that was God talking to Novelty through the spirit. Novelty opened and changed the lock withing 5 minutes after that. He knew without a doubt that that was God helping him. His faith was strengthened because of that invitation from the member. It was so so so awesome to see. Now Novelty and Teresa will WILL be baptized :) I love missionary work so so so much!!!! I know that when members invite there is so much more power and so much more commitment. THE MEMBERs ARE TRULY NEEDED IN THIS WORK>
Other then that, it's another week for us!!! A great one. We're sad to leave each other but ready for a new start!!
I love you all have an amazing week and let me know if theres anything i can do to help you all!!
ELDER OVAR
No comments:
Post a Comment