Sunday, August 4, 2013

Worldly Excitement doesn't compare to Spiritual Success!

Family!!!! WAZZUP!!!!!
 
What an amazing week! All the worldly excitement and happiness that has been going on this past week didn't even compare to the day in which we had yesterday :)
 
Remember Juan? He was baptized yesterday and boy how amazing was his service! His kids came!!! His kids names are john and michael. Both of them are basically single and really need help in their lives. The church was amazing for them yesterday and it's amazing to see how god works. John is currently struggling with his wife and really just doesn't know what to do with his family. Well guess what the lesson was on yesterday in preisthood? Marriage and how we can strengthen our marriages and stuff. He asked if he could keep the copy of the conference talk that we were using. It was so awesome! I had the priviledge of baptizing juan. What an amazing experience it was for me. It increased my faith, desrie to follow christ, motivation to work harder and my desire to fulfill my purpose better as a missionary and do everything i can to baptize more! The whole experience of how we met Juan and how he had been prepared was really just a testimony builder for me! After his baptism he walked over and picked up a tithing envelope. He asked us how to fill that slip out and then he placed his money in there and gave it to bishop! His faith was something that I can't even write in words to you guys! Juan at this time is providing for himself as well as his two boys... both in which don't work and don't have jobs. Every lesson Juan would tell us how "his bank account is running low" but yet here he is putting fourth his faith WITHOUT fear and giving his 10 percent to god!!! It was something that I will never forget and as I watched him do this the light of christ was glowing in his eyes. He began in the water of baptism... got out and paid his tithing.... then before he left he had to go around a shake EVERYONES had because he expressed the joy and happiness of his heart!!! He was so happy and loving he even tried to give the Sister missionaries a hug haha we of course had to counsel him with that action but I will never forget Juan and his FAITH!
 
Also Rane... He wasn't able to get baptized because his son wasn't able to come down from orlando. So we pushed his baptism back a week. So this sunday we will help him enter the gates of eternal life. We are really excited about it and for the way god is blessing elder white and I at this time. As we finish up our 12 weeks together god is letting us know how please he is with the hard work we put forth. We are also planning and have the faith to baptize a few of our other investigators. We also know that John and Michael (juans kids) can be ready by this upcoming sunday. We will do everything in our power to make it happen.
 
Once again from the HEAT stand point!!!! haha WOW what a series huh :) Elder White and I MAY have made it down to the stadium for game 7!!! Lets just say... CRAZYYYYYYY haha it was so much fun to be there and be a part of it. One of the members that lives down there needed help that night and so we went down and on our way home we stopped by the stadium. It was something that we knew we just had to do and boy we both loved it! We were able to take a few pictures with the lil time we had but it was SO worth it!! As far as the parade goes... OUR ZL's happened to schedule a zone activity. so we don't have much time to head down to the parade but we are going to do everything in our power to make it down there for a minute. We at least gotta take a few pictures! When will we every have this opportunity again? to go to a championship parade haha a few of the missionaries that i was close with that are now home in UT they all sent me the parade route!! It was so funny! Each one of them said WOW AM I JEALOUS of you and elder white hahaha I tell you what! I have the best mission in the world. As well as the best family in the world!! God is and always has blessed me in my life. I am grateful for him! The blessing of just staying here in miami has been something that will always have a deep spot in my heart. I love it here. The temptation of coming back and visiting often after the mission will be something i will have to overcome haha I'm sure i will be leaving though next week. It's been about a year here and i feel blessed!
 
I love you all so much! I still haven't seen sister rogers. Elder White saw her last week though. He was on an exchange and he saw her. He said hey your elder ovards friend... she responded... AUSTIN!!! hahaha no elder ovard i'm austin to her still haha it was super funny he said.
 
I didn't see mason yesterday darn it!! We watched it though and it was awesome to see the prophet and apostles talk about the importance of missionary work. It is growing rapidly and god needs each and everyone of our abilities! I love you all and have a great week!!
 
ELDER OVARD!!
 
p.s i did get your package and the SC BASEBALL SHIRTS ARE SOOOOOOO SWEET!!! ima wear it today haha i love it thanks for that



This is me wearing the shirt I bought with the money Grandma Condie sent!  Tell her I love her and I am so grateful for her love.



JMP (Jose Maiti Park)  BASKETBALL!  This park is so sick!  This is street basketball courts underneath the freeway in downtown Miami.  I LOVE It!   Also there is a baseball field that we play at right next to JMP.  Lots and Lots of our P-Days are well spent here.

No comments:

Post a Comment